News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Default theme (RC3 Curve) colour variations - updated

Started by Antechinus, November 10, 2009, 07:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inter

Sorry for my English

Mike Bobbitt

Thanks for the starting point Antechinus. I *think* I have successfully updated your .psd to the correct dimensions for 2.0 RC2. Seems to render OK for me.

Hopefully it's useful to others, and if anyone has any improvements to it, please repost.

Thanks
Mike

Camu

zushiba

I really like this theme and I'm excited to do a variant of my own.

Antechinus

Mike, nice work. I'll tweak it a little bit and add it to the OP (with credit to you).

Mike Bobbitt

I'm not worried about credit... I just piggybacked off your work anyway! :)

Crip

Quote from: Antechinus on November 12, 2009, 09:12:26 AM
Choccy Curvey is up now too. Get it while it's hot.

.....I have all 3 now , perhaps I can learn some good stuff ..
T/Y Antech.
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Antechinus

Oh and speaking of credit: anyone using these is not required to keep my name in the copyright.

These are default theme colour variations (made by a simple application of a filter to the main image and tweaks to link/text colours) and it is perfectly acceptable to just copy images and css to your default folder if you want the look but don't want to interfere with installed mods.

The only reason I added my name to the copyright  was because everyone does it :D and for installation as a standalone theme (in case people want to do that) I had to include index.template.php anyway.

All images, including psd's, and code are completely free for use in any context on any SMF site. If you are using images I made I would appreciate being given credit if anyone asks where they came from, but linkbacks and copyrights are not required for these.

Enjoy. :)

Mick.

Ant,  Love the dark theme but is it too much to add the post boxes & forum box white?   Im trying to replicate the "black & white" look like DSV4.

Any tips?

Antechinus

Possible. You could emulate the DSv4 look to some degree without hacking the template, although there are limitations. It would require changes to images though. Give me a couple of days and I'll play with it a bit.

Mick.

Quote from: Antechinus on November 13, 2009, 09:27:40 PM
Possible. You could emulate the DSv4 look to some degree without hacking the template, although there are limitations. It would require changes to images though. Give me a couple of days and I'll play with it a bit.

Oh man, thats cool of you.    Thank you.

Calcricho

I really liked the darkness_princes

Nice work

PD: One gray and black would not fall ill

;)

yenidagci

I'm SMF ci  :)

Tasarım aşamasındaym..

Hkan

It's really simple to change color with these PSDs. Thanks a lot. :)

Tanshaydar

Wow! They're all beautiful themes! Thank you very much!

7s-1k

One Day, Two Many

ishy

Where can I change the font color for posts? I tried editing the css for posts, and nothing happened.

Mick.

Mick.

Quote from: ishy on November 14, 2009, 09:22:53 AM
Where can I change the font color for posts? I tried editing the css for posts, and nothing happened.

In the .css folder, find index.css

/* Normal, standard links. */
a:link, a:visited

and

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body

and

/* the board title! */
.table_list tbody.content td.info a.subject
{

Horseman

Gruß Horseman

PhpOpenChat Support Portal: http://www.phpopenchat.de

Advertisement: