Language Files for SMF 2.0 RC2

Started by EverydayMiracles, November 28, 2009, 03:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverydayMiracles

I upgraded my forum last night from SMF 1.1.10 to SMF 2.0 RC2 and have experienced two problems.

The first, and most pressing, is that the english-utf8 files were not present in the upgrade package. I tried everything. I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter and also tried uploading the language files separately. Nothing. No-go.

I installed based on English instead of English-utf8 and as you probably already know, I'm having a lo of problems with menu options.

I need these files to be installed. Can somebody please direct me toward how to get them installed for the upgrade so that my menus are available?

As an additional note, one of the problems that I am experiencing is that my administrators are no longer able to edit the profile information for a user. This is required on my forum. Is this a problem due to the language files or is this a bug? Or is it even... Ugh... intentional?

N3RVE

As for the language files issue. Using FTP or the File manager, navigate to ./Themes/default/languages and delete every file there. Extract the language files from a fresh 2.0 RC2 package and upload the new language files to the corresponding directory on the server (./Themes/default/languages) and do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5).

As regards modifying profile information, do they get any errors?

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

EverydayMiracles

Thanks n3rve! That worked, and fixed the profile editing problem too!

N3RVE

Okay, good. Marked as solved :).

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Beanfly

usefulforums

Quote from: EverydayMiracles on November 28, 2009, 03:40:46 PM
I upgraded my forum last night from SMF 1.1.10 to SMF 2.0 RC2 and have experienced two problems.

The first, and most pressing, is that the english-utf8 files were not present in the upgrade package. I tried everything. I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter and also tried uploading the language files separately. Nothing. No-go.

I installed based on English instead of English-utf8 and as you probably already know, I'm having a lo of problems with menu options.

I need these files to be installed. Can somebody please direct me toward how to get them installed for the upgrade so that my menus are available?

As an additional note, one of the problems that I am experiencing is that my administrators are no longer able to edit the profile information for a user. This is required on my forum. Is this a problem due to the language files or is this a bug? Or is it even... Ugh... intentional?

Thanks a lot guys.. !! I had the same problem. Its now fixed !

Advertisement: