Converting from Kunena with issues. Please..

Started by amorosso, December 26, 2009, 10:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amorosso

Hi for the life of me I can't convert Kunena to smf.. I started with 1.1 with no luck and now I'm at 2.0 rc2. Here is the error I get now.

Notice: Undefined variable: mosConfig_db in /home/??????/public_html/forum/convert.php(458) : eval()'d code on line 1

Notice: Undefined variable: mosConfig_dbprefix in /home/?????/public_html/forum/convert.php(458) : eval()'d code on line 1

I also have this error at the same time..

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Kunena 1.5. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

Any hep on this would be great.

tfbpa

I don't know much about the first errors, but maybe I can help you with the database error as I encountered the same.

Probably your Kunena has a different database then your new SMF and before the converter files can read the data, the SMF database user needs access to your Kenena database.

In order to do so, assuming you have cPanel, you need to go to your controlpanel, look at the section "Databases" and click on "MySQL® Databases".

At the bottom you will see a section "Add User To Database".

Select the username of the newly created database of your new SMF database and the database of your old Kunena database and click "add". On the next screen select "ALL PRIVILEGES" and click "Make Changes".

Hopefully now you will get rid of the database error!

amorosso

Thank you for your help. I did add the user but with the same result. Any other ideas please... This is killing me, lol.. Thank you

Norv

What version of Joomla do you have? 1.5 by any chance?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

Please create a text file named configuration.php, and add in it (using a lightweight code editor like Notepad++ if you're on windows, please don't use microsoft wordpad or word):

<?php
// Legacy configuration file
// If you're using Joomla 1.5 or newer, please add this file
// in your Fireboard/Kunena component directory, before running the converter

$mosConfig_db 'joomla';
$mosConfig_dbprefix 'jos_';

?>

Replace 'joomla' and 'jos_' with your actual joomla database name, and database prefix respectively.
Save, then upload it to your Kunena directory (typically joomla_directory/components/com_kunena).
Then, please try running the converter again.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

amorosso

JUST AWESOME... Thank you so so much for your time and help. Added it and bamm 1 2 3 done.. Very easy once it works, LOL 

You're the best thank you..

Norv

Cheers, good to hear you got it sorted out!

Marking this topic as solved.

damainman

I know this is an old post but since you recently logged in amorosso, I was wondering if all your passwords worked after the convert? I am doing the exact same as you, but the user passwords for the forum do not work unless you use the forgot password feature to reset your password.

Norv

Lavau

Quote from: N. N. on December 27, 2009, 08:49:25 AM
Please create a text file named configuration.php, and add in it (using a lightweight code editor like Notepad++ if you're on windows, please don't use microsoft wordpad or word):

<?php

$mosConfig_db 'joomla';

?>

Replace 'joomla' and 'jos_' with your actual joomla database name, and database prefix respectively.
Save, then upload it to your Kunena directory (typically joomla_directory/components/com_kunena).

Well, it changes all !
I had been slow in upgrading a site with Joomla 1.0.14 to 1.5.x and upper.
When migrating to Joomla 1.5.26, I could keep fireboard 1.0.4, in legacy mode, but no more upper.
Conversion to Kunena failed.
Now I can point the next 2.5.7 Jooomla CMS migration to an external SMF forum. Dropping the integrated Kunena forum, in failure with data handling.

This converter searches a moderator table, which does not exist. Next step is to connect to SMF as admin, and retotal the sections and threads. So it is working, now.
Le militantisme victimaire rend-il davantage fou, qu'il n'attire les déséquilibrés ? Ceux qui veulent devenir bourreaux ou bourrelles à leur tour ?<br />Je m'inquiète des antidotes...

aly22

I realize this is a very old thread, but THANK YOU Norv as this resolved my problem converting from Kunena 2.0 today.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=523678.new#new

Quote from: Norv on December 27, 2009, 08:49:25 AM

<?php

$mosConfig_db 'joomla';

?>

Advertisement: