News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Last Active

Started by Matthew K., January 23, 2010, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

Hide Last Active

Author: S-M-F Modders Team
Latest Version: 1.1
Compatible With SMF: 2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4

Summary

Hide Last Active accomplishes what could be seen as a flaw in the logic of SMF profiles.

Without this mod, the "Last Active" date / timestamp is still shown which shows the date that member was last active. If a member is hiding their online status, the "Last Active" date / timestamp STILL shows up, which basically eliminates the purpose of hiding a online status because to find out if someone is online, all someone has to do is visit their profile and look at the "Last Active" date / timestamp.

This mod hides the "Last Active" date / timestamp on profiles for every member who is hiding their status (Whether they are online or offline). Replacing the date / timestamp with "Hidden".

Note: The Last Active field is always visible to Admins.

In addition, this mod was written to be completely Source side so it should be compatible with every theme.

Languages

(No strings added)

Installation

Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right.

Useful links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Version 1.1 Changelog

+) Source Side Edits (No template edits)
!) "Last Active" label always shows now. If a user is hiding their status, it outputs "Hidden" as the value.
-) SMF 1.1. Compatibility

Files modified by Hide Last Active 1.1

SMF 2.0 RC2, SMF 2.0 RC3, SMF 2.0 RC4
Source Files (./Sources)

• Load.php

Link to Mod | Support the SMF Modders Team

Joker™

but on my forum even after hide option is enable users can see last active time ??
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Matthew K.

Hide Last Active only hides it from other viewers. Not administers, profile owners or if their status is NOT hidden

Joker™

i made my admin account as hidden ... n when tried as normal user i can see admin last activity time
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Matthew K.

Sorry for the delay, I was actually on a weekend retreat and only had my phone for business, in which time I only checked into SMF once.

Please attach your Profile.template.php and I will take a look.
Labradoodle-360

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

Simple problem, the edits were never made.

I will edit this post and attach the result with my mod edits done.

Joker™

oppss i forgot to tell ... i've removed ur mod.... leme install the mod n put new file here
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

here's the file with mod installed ....

also i've ultimate profile installed ... might that be creating prob  :o
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

Very simple problem, attaching completed file.

Edit: the problem was// This template displays users details without any option to edit them.
function template_summary()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt;
should also have $user_info and $user_profile globalized. I think this may be a slight bug in the line that I had called up, if and when I decide to update this, I will include this as a bugfix so it catches function template_summary() in the search to gaurentee it globalizes the proper area.

Joker™

still same .. even after uploading ur attached file its same
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

Well as long as the second edit was made, and $user_info, and $user_profile were globalized for function template_summary(), there is most likely a conflict with another installed mod.

Joker™

i think it can be ultimate profile ??
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

Well, here's a question, as I've not used Ultimate Profile in many long months.

Does Ultimate Profile include it's own Profile template? And is Ultimate Profile being used? If so, it's just the case of finding Last Logged In, in Ultimate Profile's template and adding 3 lines nearby.

Labradoodle-360

Chas Large

Hi, I'm helping out a member running 2.x RC3 and he has your mod installed using the emulate feature. The following error is occurring a lot. Is this due to RC3 coding or can it be fixed?

The error occurs when any profile summary is viewed.

http://jumss.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=1
8: Undefined variable: user_info
File: /home2/jumssnet/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 275

Regards

Chas.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Arantor

Somewhere just before line 275 add:
global $user_info;

Chas Large

Quote from: Arantor on May 10, 2010, 07:42:21 AM
Somewhere just before line 275 add:
global $user_info;
That's fixed it, thanks Arantor.
Just out of interest, was that missing from the mod?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Arantor

I have no idea, but that error suggests it was.

Matthew K.

I doubt it was from the mod, I have tested it and it has not been changed since the SMF Customization Team approved it.

Could be emulation, but I will look into it.

Thank you for your help Arantor, I appreciate it.
Labradoodle-360

MS Modders Team

Mod updated!

SMF Modders; Hide Last Active 1.1 Changelog!
Quote+) Source Side Edits (No template edits)
!) "Last Active" label always shows now. If a user is hiding their status, it outputs "Hidden" as the value.
-) SMF 1.1. Compatibility
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

Advertisement: