News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Preview] Game Crusade

Started by Dave009, February 05, 2010, 01:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave009

Heres preview of my first theme SMF RC2

Marcus Forsberg

That looks very nice! Only the background doesn't look too good on my view. The black "Border" on the right side is not visible, but the left one is, giving the impression of the background being misaligned. I'm not sure I like the fading background either. It looks cool, but after a while it will get annoying.
Otherwise, pretty good.

Dave009

thanks man i cant see any difference on the boarder and i agree with the bg changing would get enoying after a while lol the theme i based it off is from Shape5.com

Dave009

yes i agree the bg i missalined ill sort that now
Edit cant figure out how to make it stay center so just made it static if any one knows how though please say lol

Matthew K.

Dave009

thanks it only took 4 days lol just waiting for permission of shape 5 then ill put it up for dl

rexusdiablos

Nice. Works very well with the backgrounds.

The Verdana font doesn't seem contemporary enough for the overall theme. Another sans-serif might do the trick. Also, fonts are inconsistent on the demo page.

http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

"You just can't make this stuff up!" - Alex Jones | www.infowars.com

Dave009

thank you for your comment i have know idea what u mean lol my brain is tired lol was up all last night

rexusdiablos

;D No worries.

Basically put...

The font of the search box at the top is Times New Roman.

The font for the Welcome Guest section at the top is Helvetica.

The font for the forum is Verdana.

My suggestion: Make the fonts uniform and if you can pick a sans serif (eh?) font that suits the 'tech' theme of your forum.
"You just can't make this stuff up!" - Alex Jones | www.infowars.com

Dave009

Ahh i see i totally forgot about the font lol i think i still need to go through css anyway so will do it then thanks man i would not of noticed that

Dave009

all done lol just went with sans-serif as i did the theme for Shape5.com anyway just waiting to see if they give me copyright permission to give it away for free and then ill put it up for validation cant until they give me permission

Cablespider

Dave009

not yet will email them now should get a response by tonight and then ill put it up to be authorized
OK I've done it just got to wait for smf approval

Matthew K.

Very excited to see you develop more themes!

Dave009

Thank you very much youve made my day lol

Cablespider

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated!

Dave009

Cablespider

Was this theme submitted for approval?

Dave009

yes it was but has not been appoved yet

Advertisement: