News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Notifies about New Posts when I edit a message

Started by Nibogo, February 26, 2010, 02:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

Tested here on SM.org

SMF Notifies about New Posts on the Notifications Section on My Profile when I do a quick edit on the last message (obviouslly I created this message so the topic shouldn't be marked as a topic with unseen posts).

How to reproduce it:

1. Enable the notifications on a topic.

2. Create a message in that topic.

3. Using the quick edit (ajax) modify the topic if you want you can edit it without do any change.

4. Go to the notifications section: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

5. You will see that this topic has the "New" icon when it shouldn't because we made that message.

Arantor

This happens on RC3 public. Appears to have since been fixed in SVN however; no longer seems to present here.

EDIT: checking here

Arantor

Ah... it only presents if your post isn't the last post in the message...

Norv

About the scenario: Here, on sm.org, I don't even need to enable notifications, and look on the notifications page (though sure you can do it that way too). If I post a reply, then I edit it with quick edit, when I go to board index the topic I posted in has a New icon.

It appears to be partially fixed in svn.
Thank you for the report!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: