We are pleased to announce the immediate release of SMF 2.0 RC3 to the public. This version marks the third release candidate for 2.0, including about 350 new entries in the change log, consisting mostly of bug fixes, interface tweaks and fine-tuning of the new Curve theme.
We strongly recommend all users of earlier development releases to upgrade to this release, for it contains several security fixes.
While we are confident that there are no major problems with this release, we want to remind you that it is still not to be considered stable software. We do not recommend its use in live environments and if you are not comfortable with using this release candidate, we advise you to wait until the release of the final version before using the 2.0 line.Highlights of this release include:
- Several security-related fixes.
- Better compatibility with RTL languages.
- Added curvy headers to loads of tables throughout SMF for the best Curve experience.
- Fine-tuned conversation view in the personal messages section.
- Improved read tracking of topics; e.g. topics are now marked as read by pages, to allow easier resuming of reading.
- Several tweaks to the WYSIWYG editor; now automatically disabled on mobile devices.
- Post screens (new topic, etc) are center aligned again.
- Buttons are now aligned much more consistently throughout SMF.
- Row color alternation to most of the tables in the administrative areas.
- Redesigned profile statistics centre.
- Fixed install and upgrade script for PostgreSQL.
- Updated help section.
- Revamped SSI examples page.
- Rephrasing of several error messages.
- Improvements to the package manager's archive extraction algorithm.
- Toggling of full size versions of resized images.
- Altered styling for quotes and code blocks.
Those interested in the detailed changelog may like to download it from our download page.Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!