Convert bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.11?

Started by cabezon, March 10, 2010, 05:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabezon

I'm trying to figure this out, but apparently I'm doing something wrong because I keep getting the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function loaddatabase()." From another topic, it looks like that might be the result of using the wrong convert.php file, but it beats me. There's no converter script for bbPress listed on this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0

Can anybody tell me if this is possible, or do I need to use SMF 2?

Thanks.

Norv

Could you please try using the package in Downloads > Converters?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

cabezon

Hey Norv,

Thanks for your reply. That's the converter I'm using, which is giving the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function loaddatabase()." I searched all the files in the SMF 1.1.11 install directory, and didn't find the loaddatabase function anywhere. I'm assuming that means it's new to SMF 2.0.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Norv

Are you using a SMF 1.1.11 installation with a converter to 1.1.x?
Or, are you using a SMF 2.0 RC3 installation, with a converter to 2.0?
One of these, should be the case.

It sounds to me like you may have a certain converter version with another SMF version... Could you please check?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

cabezon

I'm trying to convert bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.11, with the converter from the downloads page, BBpress to SMF 2.0 RC2.

cabezon

And, I'm only using that converter because there doesn't appear to be one for bbPress to SMF 1.1.11. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Norv

Ah... It won't work, you should be using a converter to the same major version of SMF.

There should have been a converter to 1.1.11 as well, but apparently is not for download for some odd reason (it used to be)... I will notify the team in a minute about this glitch of the download page. I'm afraid I will not be available at all anymore for the weekend, but normally the problem should be looked at and the converter package for 1.1.x should be restored on the downloads page.

Norv

Please try the attached files, with your 1.1.11 installation.

cabezon

Norv

Cheers, good to hear!
Marking the topic as solved then.

NaNO2x

I used the files provided and they complain about not finding a 0.8.3 configuration.  I thought that this was supposed to work on bbpress 1.0.3.  Any advice on getting this conversion to work?

Norv

You used the files here? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370071.msg2535147#msg2535147

Can you please tell, with what SMF version? It appears it should be 1.1.x.

Also, please post (copy-paste) the entire error message, if possible.

nighcrawl

Hi, I'm new to SMF and I've got problem with the bbpress converter. Currently I run a bbpress 1.0.2 forum, and I would like to convert the database to use a SMF 1.1.11.

As NaNO2x did, I used the files provided on http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=370071.msg2535147#msg2535147 and got the same error message ie :
QuoteUnable to find the settings for bbPress 0.8.3. Please double check the path and try again.

Some help please.

Tomcraft

I would be nice to have a working converter for bbPress 1.02 as we would like to migrate our forums to SMF.

Best regards

Tom

Norv

Sorry for the delay. Can you please tell, where you put the converter - it's better in SMF folder - and what is the path to bbpress comparing to it?

Tomcraft

Hi,

the updater was located in smf directory which was side by side to the bbpress forum.

../html/bbpress
../html/smf (converter included)

Best regards

Tom

Tomcraft

aehmmm... :D
Quote from: Norv on October 12, 2010, 07:13:25 AM
[...] it's better in SMF folder [...]
Quote from: Nibogo on October 12, 2010, 02:21:35 PM
You must include the converter in the bbpress directory.
Who is right guys? *g*

Tomcraft

Okay, thx! I'll give it a try.

I'll check this later this week.

Advertisement: