News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bridge Wrapper window size

Started by d3v, May 30, 2005, 06:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3v

Is it possible to increase the size that's taken by the forum wrapped using the Mambo bridge? I would like it to take more area in the header section since I have too much blank space between my site's banner and smf's header: Here's a screenie:

Here you can see it on live site:

http://catchmydr1ft.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=192

Kindred

that space is a result of either your mambo template or your SMF theme...
(looks like the SMF theme)

So, modify smf/themes/yourtheme/index.template.php

it'll probably be in the section labeled "template_main_above"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3v

// The main sub template above the content.
function template_main_above()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

Not much to play around with here. any ideas? I understand that I would probably enter something of a table height tag, yet I'm not sure how do it clean.

d3v

Apparently the problem with extra space on the right exists only in FireFox. So I guess that's a non- issue.

Not sure what string to insert into template_main_above or what else can I do to fix this. Is there a setting in the bridge that allows the adjustment of the window? I grep'ed for it, yet I got nothing similar to what I was looking for.

Thank you once again for looking.

Kindred

no, there's no setting in the bridge. The space exists because the space is defined somewhere in your SMF theme...   to "fix" it, you will have to modify your SMF theme...   as I said, I expect it to be somewhere in template_main_above...  but it migh also be in the section that defines the horizontal menu...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3v

I assume you mean navigation bar : home/search/help/etc by horizontal menu. I will be looking into that. I posted in the thread for my theme as well. Thank you once again.

d3v

would you mind posting some code or line # for horizontal menu? can't seem to find it in my index.template.php Thank you

d3v

still fighting this. can someone throw a a value/setting at me that I need to add/specify that will affect the window's height so that I can get the forum to take as much space as possible? Thank you.
I also inclined to believe that this is not a SMF issue, please correct me if I'm wrong, since the i'm satisifed with the space in the header when I launch SMF in standalone.

URL:

embedded: http://www.catchmydr1ft.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=196

standalone:  www.catchmydr1ft.com/smf

Advertisement: