In Line Attachments -- ILA

Started by Spuds, April 17, 2010, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teos55

Followed the steps as mentioned below.  Before that, I've uninstalled all the mods even though some gave apply errors.
Knowing that I'll restore source codes from scratch ...

Solved the problem in this way. Now, I have a stable system until I destroy it with new mods or manual changes :-))))
Case closed ...

Quote from: teos55 on February 13, 2012, 10:40:54 AM
Tried but didnt solve the problem. Still having 500 internal server error when opening a topic with attachments ...

I have so many mods installed (either manual, or standart) and I've lost control, what I plan is ;

- download smf2.0.2  large upgrade package from download site of smf.
- replace the phps I have with 2.0.2 large upgrade package , expect /attachments dir
- then install really necessary mods, starting with Simple portal and ILA ...

I've done this for smf 1.1.13 previously and was a successful re-installation without touching the database .... (maybe repair.settings will be necessary, crosssing fingures)

Really thanks for your efforts ...

Fearless Freap

Hello...

I am encountering a problem that I can't seem to fix.  I have posted part of it here

I think I have it traced back to ILA...

In short, I have wiped my previous version (smf 2.0 RC5) from my server with the exception of the attachments directory, have cleaned up my database table structure, but now I'm currently hung with the following statement :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ila_hide_bbc() in /hermes/web05/b1514/[cow.xxxxxxxxxxxx]/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php on line 935

I don't see anything at liine 935 and am completely at the mercy of whoever may be able to resolve my issue to get my forum back up and running.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I've even renamed the Subs.php file to SubsORG.php but I STILL get the same error.

Spuds

If you renamed your subs.php file and the site even came up, then I would think you are working in the wrong directory.  SMF simply can't even function without that file.

Fearless Freap

I'm baffled... I did a complete reinstall to a new database and it worked fine... I ran repair_settings.php and transferred the original database information over and it crashed on me again with the same error message as before.

I just can't figure out what the hell I did and how to correct it.

*** I did figure it out... I didn't have all my database information entered correctly.  I do now. ***

Hakker

Is it possible to hide/remove the attachment at the bottom of the post and only show where ILA specified it?

Spuds

If an attachment is showing below the post AND that attachment was used inline the post itself then your display.template.php file did not get updated correctly during the install or you did not install the mod in all themes and are using a custom theme.

GlitchPC

Hakker

ugh you are right.... webhost is handling the damn rights strangely which affected the mod install. Thanks for reminding my mind that I just need to 777 everything everytime I change something.

madman71

where is the download link for this mod?? :o

CircleDock

I have this mod installed on SMF 2.0.2 and it works well but only for attachments that are uploaded with a particular message. If some one quotes a message that includes an attachment with any of the ILA tags, the "[ Attachment Invalid or Does Not Exist ]" error message is displayed rather than the (quite valid) attachment.

It would appear that ila_find_nested() (in ila_subs.php) isn't finding attachments.

Is there a fix for this, please?

Mark

Jorin

Great mod, I think I will use it for my Wiki inside my SMF. Is there any way to define which boards will use this mod and which not?

FrizzleFried

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 04, 2012, 10:55:18 AM
Hey, Spuds!

Any chance of getting THIS to work with this:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3185

+1

I'd love for the mod to work with the Knowledge Base and/or SMF Articles...

Redric

Sometimes attachments show both in-line and below the post, not often, almost rarely.  I've found no way to forcefully duplicate the action, and I've double checked the install and upgraded to 1.21 and it still happens.

TourFL

Hello

I managed to install it on SMF 2.0 RC5, everything seems to be fine on the installation point of view, but when I insert a picture, all I get is the bbc code [param=1] but the image stays under the text  :-\

And when I go to the module settings, I have a new tab for "In Line Attachements" but no settings inside, just a message saying something like "no installed module added settings here yet".

In the DB, I found the 4 new settings set from the "add_remove_hooks.php" file.

It looks like a connection with ILA code is missing somewhere... any clue?
If you like Fiat 500 and derived models, the SMF forum I'm helping with: www.500-126.com

Iomega0318

Got another error, if someone could verify for me that would be great.

Everything worked fine minus a few errors when I was using 1.11, however I just upgraded to 1.21 and now my HTML BBcode is not showing up, or not parsing properly. I disabled this mod and it worked fine so my assumption is that this mod is interfering with the HTML BBcode somehow..
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

TourFL

I got a bit further with my problem: if I set "ila_enabled" to 1 in the DB, file subs.php crash because it cannot find function "ila_hide_bbc".
That leads me to a faulty integration of ILA-Subs.php throught ILA_integration.php

I checked value of "integrate_pre_include" which seems to be fine: $sourcedir/ILA_integration.php
Tried to put full path instead, but no change.
My Load.php file (loading those includes) has been compared with original SMF one, but nothing seems wrong (nothing modified in that part of the code).

I hope somebody can help, I'm getting lost!
If you like Fiat 500 and derived models, the SMF forum I'm helping with: www.500-126.com

Spuds

That means you are not loading the ILA-Subs.php file in the source directory. 

The way the mod works is that when you enable (properly from the modifications page in the admin panel) and you set the ila_enabled flag with the GUI checkbox, the code also adds another hook,  specifically 'integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/ILA-Subs.php'

Its done this way so that when the mod is not enabled, its not loading in that  file since the system will not use, so why take up any memory or cycles loading something that would not be used. 

If you were manually install everything, at the end you should run the add_remove_hooks.php file, that *should* take care of the rest and make the enbable checkbox available under admin->configuration->modification settings.

TourFL

Thanks a lot for your help! I installed with the automatic script, but I had to work behind manually as several files were not modified  :-\
I've already checked the DB with what was in the add_remove_hooks.php, and I had all the variables set correctly and pointing to the right functions:

ila_alwaysfullsize, ila_basicmenu, ila_enabled set to 0
integrate_admin_areas = ila_integrate_admin_areas
integrate_bbc_codes = ila_bbc_add_code
integrate_modify_modifications=ila_integrate_modify_modifications
integrate_pre_include= $sourcedir/ILA_integration.php

I relaunched the add_remove_hooks.php script manually, had the "success" message, but no change.

But I moved one step forward thanks to you :D
I modified the integrate_pre_include value to $sourcedir/ILA-Subs.php and it works! (with ila_enabled set to 1 of course)

So now I need to find out why my "modification settings" page has still an empty ILA section when I point at ILA_integration.php (and now it disapeared since I point to ILA-Subs.php)

Update: Apparently, it's the "integrate_modify_modifications" thing which is not read or executed properly. I couldn't make it work, but I solved the problem by adding manually the menu action in 'ManageSettings.php", in "ModifyModSettings" function.
Above the comment saying: "// Mod authors, once again, if you have a whole section to add ...." I added:
'ila' => 'ModifyilaSettings',

Now ot works just fine  :)

Advertisement: