Simple ImageShack (latest release: v3.1.3)

Started by Rik©, June 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik©

Quote from: TomW on March 04, 2009, 09:53:31 AM
Question - What account on ImageShack are these uploaded to ?  Can I have them uploaded to my account ?  This may work for my picture-challenged users, but I am concerned that they will forget to copy the url, and then won't know how to find the image, and ask me to find it !  Please help.

As far as i can remember it will upload the picture to your account when/if your logged in (at ImageShack).

@ Sabre™:
Thanks for udating the mod-file.
Much appreciated!

TomW

Yes that is true; I tested different scenarios and can verify that.  However, I want the pics to be uploaded to an account that I created, even when other members upload them from my forum.  Some of my users are very computer challenged and I know that they will upload the pics but forget the url, and ask me to find the pics.  I guess that they can just upload them again and again, until they get it right.

aw06

Anybody notice that this mod currently isnt working .... i have it installed on more than one forums and they all not working, i just getting a black space...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Darkness_Black

i would like to install this modification in my SMF but while trying to install on my 1.1.8 he says that "there actions installation or uninstallation defined!" what can i do i tried manually and couldn't.

Translator - Brazilian

Não respondo MP de ajuda, Poste sua duvida no forum!!! Se alguém te Ajudou Agradeça!!!

Deviliciouz

I have the same problem here, no install link in package installer

Sabre™

Quote from: Rik© on March 07, 2009, 05:19:05 AM
@ Sabre™:
Thanks for udating the mod-file.
Much appreciated!

No probs mate :)

Hi guys..
Try the attached file, hopefully it helps.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Deviliciouz

Thank you very much, its working  :D

baijianpeng

Thanks to Rik©, this is a great Mod.

However, I noticed that this Mod can ONLY do the Uploading job, NOT include the job of automatically insert image link into the post message.

At present, the poster has to manually copy the image link from ImageShack.us website and paste it into the post message hemself.

My suggestion is: make this Mod automatically retrieve the image URL and insert it into the post message. At least, please let this Mod return those image URLs on ImageShack.us webpage to the post page, just below the upload field, then the poster can choose one and insert it (you can make an Insert Link button after each URL). That is to say, after uploading image with this Mod, there is no need to open the ImageShack website. Just show the links below the uploading field.

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Rik©

Quote from: baijianpeng on May 16, 2009, 10:27:01 PM
My suggestion is: make this Mod automatically retrieve the image URL and insert it into the post message. At least, please let this Mod return those image URLs on ImageShack.us webpage to the post page, just below the upload field, then the poster can choose one and insert it (you can make an Insert Link button after each URL). That is to say, after uploading image with this Mod, there is no need to open the ImageShack website. Just show the links below the uploading field.

Thanks.

Hi  8)

I haven't worked on this mod for a very VERY long time  :-[
When i find the time i will look into it.
I already started coding v3 back in 2007 (i have been using a beta of v3 myself since then), but it isn't ready for public release yet.

Here's an early preview:

- Rik©

FragaCampos

This mod is one of the most useful of my forum and that would make it even better.
However, when i click "host it" it opens a new tab with the direct link in imageshack. Is "just" a matter of copy/paste :P

(another thing, the link to the demo site is no longer available)

baijianpeng

hi, Rik©,

That is a great news. I can wait for it.

I noticed that there is a word english on the screenshot image, does this mean we can have localized/translated interface of this Mod? I hope the interface can be translated, though they are simple English.

BTW: There is also another Mod for SMF named Advanced image uploader, which has the similar feature as this. I just wonder: which is better ?

You know, when user need external image storage, they hope they can upload bigger file (filesize, not dimension). So I wish you can find a service which can allow bigger filesize for a single image. ( for example, if you want to upload some medical X-ray image, they are always very big!).
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Rik©

Quote from: baijianpeng on May 17, 2009, 08:47:43 AM
does this mean we can have localized/translated interface of this Mod?
Yes (i'm using a beta that supports english and dutch)
Quote from: baijianpeng on May 17, 2009, 08:47:43 AM
BTW: There is also another Mod for SMF named Advanced image uploader, which has the similar feature as this. I just wonder: which is better ?
I would say Simple ImageShack  ;D

- Rik©

Rik©

Looks like the writer of the advanced image uploader mod used my mod as a 'template' to create his.

The files to ad and remove settings to/from the DB still shows my info  :D

Quote from: Advanced Image Uploader 1.0.9 ad settings file
<?php
/******************************
* Name : Simple ImageShack
* Version : 2.0.2
* Author : Rik©
* Support : http://simpletweaks.co.nr
*******************************/

/*******************************************************************************

This script can be used to add new settings into the database for use
   with SMF's $modSettings array.  It is meant to be run either from the
   package manager or directly by URL.

*******************************************************************************/

ps The 'free smileys' mod is also based on my mod

TomW

I am currently using Advanced Image Uploader as it is easier for the user (multiple image uploads plus they don't have to cut and paste the image url), but would prefer using ImageShack as my picture host.  Also I would like to the images to be placed into my forum account on ImageShack.  Is that possible ?

dr.wills

really cool mod :) I've seen another one with another image hosting company, but they are really slow in speed

imageshack is excellent choice :) thanks
http://movies-on-mediafire.com

Never dying collection of high definition mediafire movies link

Rik©

Ok, here's a little update...

I've started working on the new version this week.
This version will upload the image to ImageShack (showing an 'ajax' upload.gif) and then show the info of the hosted image inside the Simple Imageshack iframe.
Here's a screenshot

It will also show the thumbnail link if there is one
The links to the image will have auto select and copy.

Also new is the option to fill in your ImageShack registration code (inside admin panel) so ALL images will be uploaded to one (yours) ImageShack account.
!Leave it blank and it just uploads to ImageShack, but not into an account!
If you want the images to be uploaded to the users/posters account you will have to use the old version of the mod.

Any comments/suggestions?

- Rik©

Sabre™

Quote from: Rik© on May 21, 2009, 03:00:11 AM

Yes.
Could you also make it bring a cold beer from the fridge and play the batman theme music as it does so??
lol

Nah, brilliant work mate!
Looking forward to your next version. :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

FragaCampos

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 21, 2009, 03:29:31 AM

Yes.
Could you also make it bring a cold beer from the fridge and play the batman theme music as it does so??

:D :D

I use a lot the Thumbnail Size link for forums. It would be another valuable addition to this great mod ;)

Rik©

Here's a new image with all the 'steps'. This look comes close the final, public release...

click to enlarge

There's no resize option anymore, i will have to work on that later.
Also, the links will be shown in 'text boxes'.

- Rik©

TomW

Quote from: Rik© on May 21, 2009, 03:00:11 AM
Ok, here's a little update...

I've started working on the new version this week.
This version will upload the image to ImageShack (showing an 'ajax' upload.gif) and then show the info of the hosted image inside the Simple Imageshack iframe.
Here's a screenshot

It will also show the thumbnail link if there is one
The links to the image will have auto select and copy.

Also new is the option to fill in your ImageShack registration code (inside admin panel) so ALL images will be uploaded to one (yours) ImageShack account.
!Leave it blank and it just uploads to ImageShack, but not into an account!
If you want the images to be uploaded to the users/posters account you will have to use the old version of the mod.

- Rik©

That is awesome !  I cannot wait for the new version !

Advertisement: