"SEND TOPIC" change to 'INVITE A FRIEND' button???

Started by Nitro, June 03, 2005, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

can someone tell me how the send topic works, what is the process and where the initial code is? i want to add an extra button in my board to send 'INVITES' so everyone can have the option to send invitations to a friend.
i would like to do this by modifying the template of just by going somewhere in the profile, because if it is in the profile section i can just add some code over there to send an invitation. i know how to add the code, i guess, but how can i redirect the output to another screen?

any comments about this?

let's brain strom, any advice? thanks in advance!
(that sounded like a song  :D)

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

forumite

Why not use the Button generator to create an Invite button and add the button to the others in Themes/Default(or_Your_Theme)/index.template.php. Have the button point to a static page which can be created using the Static Page mod.

You said you have the code for the invite function. If not, I can point you to a script that you can put on the static page.

Nitro

that's a thought! i never thought about that one before wow! you are right about it. i can use the static page mode, which i already have installed it but i have not used it yet, then some script. that'd be awesome if you would point me in the right direction as to where to get this little code. WOW! that'd make a very powerful tool of the forum to have!

thank you!
MPF Rocks!!!

forumite

There are numerous scripts out there that will do this. Go to http://www.hotscripts.com/ and search on 'Recommend'.

Nitro

MPF Rocks!!!

forumite

You're welcome. Just a little in return for all the great help and information I've received here. Hope it works for you.

Advertisement: