News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Really Off The Wall Question Having to do with Emoticons + Others

Started by mitek, May 16, 2010, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

I really have 3 small questions BUT they may be hard or just not possible. These are problems that one global moderator at this forum keeps bringing up. I have as far as I know setup everything perfectly and the forum runs great, and I didn't lose one post in the move from their OLD GD server to our NEW colocated server at Codero

First is there a way or files to edit under PM.s for members AFTER INSTALL, that the member has "both receive pm's from admin and receive pm's from member automatically checked YES.". it seems when the install in RC3 is completed the defaults are to receive from admins only and NOT other members. I know there must be a simple hack for this somewhere. I am just the installer of this forum and this isi what this mod and now an admin want for some odd reason. He/they seems to think new members would not know or would be to stupid  to do this on their own, and believes it should be "automatically" checked yes for both admins and members.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Secondly he wants this: I wish that, when I selected "additional smileys" and used one or more of them and then minimized it, I could use that same window for using those smileys when I reply in other threads.  We had that ability in the old forum, and I used it frequently, but for some reason the window no longer works if I try to use it in replying to multiple threads.

============================

And last but not least ( I dont even understand what hes asking at all in this context):  I heartily wish that when I placed my cursor over a button like "moderate," "profile," "my messages," "calendar," etc., a window did not appear which obscures everything below it so that I have to move my cursor yet again in order to view that which I was originally trying to view.  I wish that a window would pop down and obscure everything below only  when I click on the button.

This one must be unique to him, because I have placed my cursor over everything and I haven't a clue as to what hes asking for.. I'm thinking maybe its a certain theme or whatever. He is a global moderator, so maybe there's something in that sections hes talking about. I have asked for screen shots so I could see what hes seeing but so far nada.

I was just hoping someone may have had the owners want these types of mods, and I have looked high and low and if there is a mod for any of this for RC3 I haven't found them.

Thanks so much in advance for any help to any question.

Mike

KCF Private Forum

Yahmez

The third one, I believe he wants it set up so you have to click the navigation tabs to see the contents as opposed to the default setup where you see the sub-menu on mouse rollover... Not sure how to do that but hope it helps.

Advertisement: