News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Red Theme: More Colours?

Started by Justyne, June 12, 2005, 09:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justyne

A long while ago I released the red, blue and viola theme for SMF 1.0.1. I know I have lately not been updating it, mainly because... I was ill... and then busy with exams, and then ill again... and you dont even wanna know.

anyway the theme can be found here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=23857.0

However I have to admit I never released half of the stuff I planned releasing with this series of themes. However since there are so many shiny and much more graphically advanced themes around I am not even sure there is a point in a) updating and b) releasing more.

So I thought I make this topic to find out two things. Who wants an updated version? And is there any interest in any of the following colour schemes.

Those screenshots are from my personal site and not my test board, hence they have some custom icons and banners, but dont let that irritate you I will of course fix them up properly. I was thinking of getting them all ready for the next public beta. 

Blue & Bronze

Burgundy Red & Gold

Dark Blue & Light Blue

Dark Green & Silver

Dark Violet

Maroon & Salmon

Olive & Gold

Teal & White

Canary Yellow & Black

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Mike Frith

i like the Dark Blue & Light Blue... looks very nice

bloc

Don't know if my opinion counts ;D , but I think they all look awesome. Quite a unique style.

xenovanis

I really wouldn't quit on this, these are very nice themes!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Mike Frith

yeah definatly... keep it going... they all look nice  ;D

Justyne

Quote from: Bloc on June 12, 2005, 10:08:12 AM
Don't know if my opinion counts ;D , but I think they all look awesome. Quite a unique style.

I am glad you like them. I shall have to talk to BBK about recoloured buttons and releasing them... not sure what the latest stand on the topic was..

But actually I think I read somewhere he did not mind anymore.. In which case I might be motivated to create a Paint Shop Pro Recolouring Tutorial as well.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Mike Frith

klumy

codenaught

They all look very nice! I especially like the Dark Blue & Light Blue one.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Mike Frith

Serenity

I love the colors of Olive & Gold  this have to be my favourte also  Maroon & Salmon
;D

Mike Frith

yeah the Maroon & Salmon is very nice as well.. very hot lol

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

wildcard

I would love to have a generic version of both the Red/Gold and Olive/Gold.  Ideally, tho, the Dark Green from the DG/Silver template with Gold would be the perfect fit for one of my sites.  Awesome, awesome work!

-Joe

dtm.exe

My favorite is the green one :).

-Dan The Man

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Aaron

Whoohoo! Harry Potter themes!  :D They all look great, beautiful combinations!

Aaron.

NayNay

I'd love the Olive and Gold.  It would work perfectly with my site.

Douglas

Any chance of a Gold, Silver and Black theme?  Gold and Silver are the colors of our wedding, and I've got 1.0.5 installed on our wedding site.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Advertisement: