News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

pm notification's

Started by KiroBot, June 14, 2010, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiroBot

Well, member's of my forum are asking about pm notification's they wanted to no if it would be possible for a pop up to come up when they get a new private message but I told them i didn't no how and I would try to find out so if any one no's. Can you help me?

Alias M2K

Currently it is not possible. The only method is showing unread PM's in bracket near the Pm's tab :(

KiroBot

Quote from: Alias M2K on June 14, 2010, 08:58:48 PM
Currently it is not possible. The only method is showing unread PM's in bracket near the Pm's tab :(
okay thx for the update

CapadY

Yes, thats possible.

Tell your members to go to Profile - Change Profile - Personal Messages and enable the options to get an pop up when there are new PM's.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: capady on June 15, 2010, 03:50:14 AM
Yes, thats possible.

Tell your members to go to Profile - Change Profile - Personal Messages and enable the options to get an pop up when there are new PM's.

This. Its been possible for a looooooooong while so I dont know where Alias M2K is getting their info from  :o
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

KiroBot

PurpleCrow

Capady had done in his post (ya know, the one before mine that I quoted...)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Alias M2K

Gee... Seems like I am a bit outdated :-\ Sorry for the wrong info :-X

Advertisement: