News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Increase the margin on text

Started by shade3134, June 24, 2010, 12:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shade3134

I'm trying to move the text a little over to the right:

I want it to fit inside my curved index header. How do I do this? I am using 2.0 RC3

rngrdanny22

See if you can find this code (or one similar) in the index.css file:

table.table_list a.unreadlink, table.table_list a.collapse
{
   float: right;
}

change to this:

table.table_list a.unreadlink, table.table_list a.collapse
{
   float: right;
   margin-right: -20px;
}

Let me know if this works!

kat

How on earth did you know which text he meant? ;)

shade3134

Haha I meant the text that's inside the index header. See how it's chipping through the curve? How do I shift that over to the right some?

shade3134

Unfortunately the code he gave me didn't work. I'm trying to make all the text that's outside of the columns fit back in.

shade3134

Also, without making another thread to ask this, how do I delete the topics and post bar in the main index but leave them there in the subforum?

shade3134

I mean topic/post category  columns in the main index but leave them there in the subforum.

kat

Quote from: shade3134 on June 24, 2010, 06:10:31 PM
Haha I meant the text that's inside the index header. See how it's chipping through the curve? How do I shift that over to the right some?

Where you put the forum title, in Admin>Server Settings, what happens if you just add a space, or twenty, in front of "So Far Home"?

shade3134

I'm referring to the part with the names inside each index header like "Drake". Even then, the spacing trick doesn't work.  :-\

kat

rngrdanny22

Ah, I thought you were referring to the "Unread Posts" text at the right of your category rows.

shade3134

No mods installed and how do I move the opposing side text?

kat

shade3134

The "Unread post", but that's fixed. I'm trying to figure out how to make the the borders of every column thinner now. "Crunch" it together...if that remotely makes any sense. Hah

Deaks

shade3134 do you still require help?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Joker™

also , can you mark the things which you are trying to adjust in the screen shot so that it would be more easy to understand.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: