News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP Parse error on ./Sources/ManageSettings.php

Started by Ims333, June 29, 2010, 04:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ims333

So, My forum is going all fine. I try going to Core Features, and boom, this pop ups.

[29-Jun-2010 21:38:19] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/artiller/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php  on line 1356

So I do a quick Forum Maintenance and it says everything is perfect.

I open the file, I go to the line and this is whats there:

// Are we saving any standard field changes?

This is whats after it:

if (isset($_POST['save']))

This is whats before it:

$context['fields_no_registration'] = array('posts', 'warning_status');

I tried deleting what is on the line, re upload, and it says that line 1355 has a error, Which is blank  :o

Need some help please  :'( .

xenovanis

Could you try emptying your forums cache? If you can't access the Admin panel, use ftp to connect to your site and remove all files from the /your_forum/cache directory, except index.php and .htaccess.

Did you try to install a modification before this happened?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CapadY

This error appears when there is an code error. Did you install any MOD's last time ?

Often it's a missing ' or ; or ) or }

To take a look at this we need more code then only those few lines.
When you attach your ManageSettings.php maybe somebody fill find some time to have a look at it.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Ims333

Quote from: xenovanis on June 29, 2010, 04:47:58 PM
Could you try emptying your forums cache? If you can't access the Admin panel, use ftp to connect to your site and remove all files from the /your_forum/cache directory, except index.php and .htaccess.

Did you try to install a modification before this happened?

Yes, I all ready Cleared Cache, and I do have access to the cPanel.

I did actually install a modification before this happened, it was Good Post/Bad Post Mod and Member Awards, I also un-installed 2 modifications, No ReEmails, and Improved Web master Email.

I did get a error for both, but I didn't pay attention, thinking it won't matter.

CapadY

Quote from: capady on June 29, 2010, 04:51:46 PM

When you attach your ManageSettings.php maybe somebody fill find some time to have a look at it.

Ims333

Quote from: capady on June 29, 2010, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: capady on June 29, 2010, 04:51:46 PM

Sorry forgot  ::)

Ims333

Sorry for Multi-Posting.

I un-installed all mods, and it still didn't work. The only features not working are:
Configuration -> Core Features
Configuration -> Features and Options
Configuration -> Security and Moderation

This is the new error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/artiller/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php  on line 1319

This is on the line:

'function' => create_function('$ro############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################## => $txt['custom_profile_fieldname'],

and the File is in the Attachements.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

xenovanis

Good work  ;)

Would you mind sharing how? Might be helpfull for future references.

CapadY

I don't now how you did it but there are 30 lines of code missing in your "managesettings.php" file

Ims333

First of all, I am a PHP, and HTML coder, for websites not forum, but I do have a little experience.

What I did was, I un-installed all of my modifications, open a large upgrade of SMF 2.0 RC3, extracted the ManageSettings.php and replaced the one on my current forum, then reinstalled all of my mods and it works perfectly. All of the mods got their original settings, just how I left them before I un-installed it.

Advertisement: