News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad placement like vBulletin

Started by sense, July 04, 2010, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sense

Hello,

I see some vB 4 forums. The ads are placed in the first and last comment on the right side, inside.

Is it possible to do this in SMF ?

sense

well. not at all. I tried ad management mod. it can put ads everywhere but not inside comments.

other one, simpleads, not even sure if it works. nothing happens when I try to add something.

any other reply? I will buy vB if I can't get it from SMF  :(

rjckE

What you mean when you say "inside" comments?

If you want to put it before the text of the first post search in Display.template.php

// Show the post itself, finally!

and add this before

if ($message['id'] == $context['first_message'])
         {
          echo ' <div align="center">YOUR ADD CODE</div> ';
         }

and if you want it over the user signature of the first post search this at your Display.template.php

// Show the member's signature?

and add this before

if ($message['id'] == $context['first_message'])
         {
          echo ' <hr><div align="center">YOUR ADD CODE</div> ';
         }

What you mean with vb style?

sense

ok. will be spesific. can you pls check this ?

http://www.vbulletin.com.tr/yabanci-vbulletin-forumlari/419-www-vbulletin-turkiye-hungary-com.html

pls see 300*300 Google ads. on top and bottom comments of board.

can SMF do that?

rjckE

I don't see the ads because i think i must register to see that... i only read this

Merhaba sayın ziyaretçimiz. Sitemize kayıtlı değilseniz mesajın içeriğini görebilmeniz için Kayıt ol (üye) bağlantısını kullanarak sitemize üye olmanız gerekmektedir. Eğer zaten kayıtlı kullanıcı iseniz, lütfen giriş bölümünden kullanıcı adınız ve şifreniz ile giriş yapınız. (Sitemize üyelik ücretsizdir)

can you please post a screenshot? there is nothing that VB can have but SMF not!! all it's possible ;D

sense

Quote from: rjckE on July 04, 2010, 09:40:54 PM
I don't see the ads because i think i must register to see that... i only read this

Merhaba sayın ziyaretçimiz. Sitemize kayıtlı değilseniz mesajın içeriğini görebilmeniz için Kayıt ol (üye) bağlantısını kullanarak sitemize üye olmanız gerekmektedir. Eğer zaten kayıtlı kullanıcı iseniz, lütfen giriş bölümünden kullanıcı adınız ve şifreniz ile giriş yapınız. (Sitemize üyelik ücretsizdir)

can you please post a screenshot? there is nothing that VB can have but SMF not!! all it's possible ;D

you should have seen the ad just near the writing you read? (you quoted above) on the first and last comments?

sense

Quote from: S-Ace on July 04, 2010, 11:07:00 PM
Inside First post - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2565
Inside Last post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=388101.0

SMF All the Way :D

first post ok. last post not. it's not on all last posts of pages. only last page.

anyway, thx.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You have to create a context for last post. In ad management there is an ad place for the last post so learn how that mod call for last post. You can then create a mod so that you can have one ad for the last post as well.

Btw, it may not like what you have shown on VB as it involves css stylings modifications for the whole post content and signature to be on the left side while the ad is on the right side. This is quite some work.

sense

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 05, 2010, 08:25:15 AM
You have to create a context for last post. In ad management there is an ad place for the last post so learn how that mod call for last post. You can then create a mod so that you can have one ad for the last post as well.

Btw, it may not like what you have shown on VB as it involves css stylings modifications for the whole post content and signature to be on the left side while the ad is on the right side. This is quite some work.

I'm not a mod developer at all. I will buy a vB.

Advertisement: