Altering the layout and order of profile fields on posts

Started by Ecofish, July 24, 2010, 04:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecofish

Hello SMF,

I've run into a problem in tweaking and readying my new forum. I need to change the layout and order of the profile fields displayed on post.

See here for reference:

I've followed a tutorial to 'box' the profile fields which I am very happy with! But I wish to make it so that:

• The re-size of avatars is slightly bigger. I wish to reset everyone to a default avatar and let future avatars be re-sized to a different size than the current.

• The empty box (normally containing x number of stars) gets removed. I tried making it so that the given rank has no stars but that results in an empty field.

• The order of the fields is changed so that I get [Name], [Avatar], [Membergroup], [Post-based membergroup], [Number of posts made], [Buttons]

I am using a modified version of the Inferno theme from Dzinerstudio. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
eco

Ecofish

I figured out how to get around the size of the avatars so I'm just in need of a way to change around with the order of the fields.

Thanks again.

xenovanis

You can change the order in the file /Themes/Inferno/Display.template.php, look for

// Show information about the poster of this message.

And below there are is how the profile information is shown.

How do I modify files?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Matthew K.

Ecofish

Yes, I have! I was unable to find the display.template.php in my theme files so I went with the default file even though I am not using the default theme. That worked out perfectly well.

Thank you very much :) Marking the topic solved.

Advertisement: