Enabling HTML link to another place within same post

Started by Siirist, August 03, 2010, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Hello, :)

HTML is enabled througout one of the forums we have, yet, can't get move within document to function.
such as using the following code:
<a href="#section2">Go To Section 2</a><br>
blah<br>
blah<br>
blah<br>
blah<br>
<a name="section2">Welcome To Section 2!</a>

Thanks In Advance To All,
Cloud
Attached is the search I tried
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

xenovanis

The code you posted works fine for me, using html tags.

Did you enclose it in [html][/html] tags?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Siirist

Quote from: xenovanis on August 03, 2010, 04:00:10 PM
The code you posted works fine for me, using html tags.

Did you enclose it in [html][/html] tags?
xenovanis ;D

Thanks for your help!!! ;)

Um
Um,
no?
I thought all html was written like <html>this</html> NOT  this
so I will try it like [this] and see but,
do I need to have it be [ nobbc ][ html ] [ /html ] [ /nobbc ]?

Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

xenovanis

No, just the [html] tags. [nobbc] tags are used to show example BBC without parsing it. If I hadn't used it, the tags would have been parsed. If that makes any sense  :P
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Siirist

Quote from: xenovanis on August 03, 2010, 04:14:07 PM
No, just the [html] tags. [nobbc] tags are used to show example BBC without parsing it. If I hadn't used it, the tags would have been parsed. If that makes any sense  :P

RIGHT ON!!!!
THANKS. :D
Will try it now and be right back! ;D
Cloud 8)

EDIT -> It functions!!!  Thank you
Be Well,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:

xenovanis

Siirist

Hello,

Finally tried this on large scale and it isn't functioning :(.

Hmmm, see screen shot of html enabled. ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

This is posted in Your Sanctuary in the Guest area, the board permissions are set to "Default".
http://www.asanctuary.net/yoursanctuary/index.php?topic=713.0

Take Care,
Cloud

[a href="#section01"]Logging In and Registration[/a]

[url name="section1">Logging In and Registration[/a]
[a href="#1"]Why can't I login?[/a]
[a href="#2"]Why do I need t register?[/a]
[a href="#3"]Why do I get logged off automatically?[/a]
[a href="#4">How do I prevent my user-name from appearing in the online user listiing?[/a]
[a href="#5"]I've forgot my password![/a]
[a href="#6"]I registered, but I can't login![/a]

[a name="section01"]Login and Registration Issues[/a]
[a name="1"]Why can't I login?[/b][/a]
There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your user-name and password are correct. If they are, contact the board owner. It is also possible the website owner has a configuration error on their end, and they would need to fix it.

[a name="2"]Why do I need to register at all?[/a]
You may not have to, it is up to the administrator of the board as to whether you need to register in order to post messages. However; registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing of fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.

[a name="3"]Why do I get logged off automatically?[/a]
If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means the board administrator has disabled this feature.

[a name="4"]How do I prevent my user-name appearing in the online user listings?[/a]
Within your Profile, under "Account Settings", you will find "Show others my online status". Enable this option and you will only appear to the administrators, moderators and yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.

[a name="5"]I've lost my password![/a]
Don't panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I've forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.

[a name="6"]I registered but cannot login![/a]
First, check your username and password. If they are correct, then one of two things may have happened. If COPPA support is enabled and you specified being under 13 years old during registration, you will have to follow the instructions you received. Some boards will also require new registrations to be activated, either by yourself or by an administrator before you can logon; this information was present during registration. If you were sent an e-mail, follow the instructions. If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may have been picked up by a spam filer. If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, look in your spam folder, or try contacting an administrator.

Needed information:

xenovanis

You're using bbc tags within html tags? This is how it should be like:

<a href="#section01">Logging In and Registration</a>
<a name="section1">Logging In and Registration</a>
<a href="#1">Why can't I login?</a>
<a href="#2">Why do I need t register?</a>
<a href="#3">Why do I get logged off automatically?</a>
<a href="#4">How do I prevent my user-name from appearing in the online user listiing?</a>
<a href="#5">I've forgot my password!</a>
<a href="#6">I registered, but I can't login!</a>

Siirist

Here you go, I also postedd this in the topic Testing FAQs and the software converts </a> to [/url]
Hmmm
Cloud

<a href="#section6">About Private Messages (PMs)</u></a>

<a name="section6">About Private Messages (PMs)</u></a>
<a href="#50">I can't send a PM!</a>
<a href="#51">Can I report a PM?</a>
<a href="#52">Someone one this board is sending me spam in PMs!</a>

<b><u>Private Messaging</u>
<a name="50">I cannot send private messages!</a></b>
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the forum administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the fourm administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a forum administrator for more information.

<a name="51"><b>I keep getting unwanted private messages!</b></a>
You can block a user from sending you private messages by using message rules in your Profilel. If you are receiving abusive private messages from a particular user, report by using the report link in the lower right hand corner or PM a forum administrator; they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages.

<a name="52"><b>I have received a spamming or abusive e-mail from someone on this board!</b></a>
We are sorry to hear that. The e-mail form feature of this forum includes safeguards to try and track users who send such posts, so e-mail the forum administrator informing them that your are forwarding a full copy of the e-mail you received. It is very important that you inform the forum adminstrator BEFORE forwarding. Keep a copy for your records.  And ensure that you don't remove the headers that contain the details of the user that sent the e-mail. The forum administrator can then take action.
Needed information:

xenovanis

Okay, copy (use the select option to select all code) and paste this directly into your topic and tell me if it works:

[html]
<a href="#section01">Logging In and Registration</a><br />
<a href="#1">Why can't I login?</a><br />
<a href="#2">Why do I need t register?</a><br />
<a href="#3">Why do I get logged off automatically?</a><br />
<a href="#4">How do I prevent my user-name from appearing in the online user listiing?</a><br />
<a href="#5">I've forgot my password!</a><br />
<a href="#6">I registered, but I can't login!</a><br />
<p></p><p><a name="section01"><strong>Login and Registration Issues</strong></a></p>
<p><a name="1"><u>Why can't I login?</u></a></p>
<p>There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your user-name and password are correct. If they are, contact the board owner. It is also possible the website owner has a configuration error on their end, and they would need to fix it.</p>
<p><a name="2"><u>Why do I need to register at all?</u></a></p>
<p>You may not have to, it is up to the administrator of the board as to whether you need to register in order to post messages. However; registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing of fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.</p>
<p><a name="3"><u>Why do I get logged off automatically?</u></a></p>
<p>If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means the board administrator has disabled this feature.</p>
<p><a name="4"><u>How do I prevent my user-name appearing in the online user listings?</u></a></p>
<p>Within your Profile, under "Account Settings", you will find "Show others my online status". Enable this option and you will only appear to the administrators, moderators and yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.</p>
<p><a name="5"><u>I've lost my password!</u></a></p>
<p>Don't panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I've forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.</p>
<p><a name="6"><u>I registered but cannot login!</u></a></p>
<p>First, check your username and password. If they are correct, then one of two things may have happened. If COPPA support is enabled and you specified being under 13 years old during registration, you will have to follow the instructions you received. Some boards will also require new registrations to be activated, either by yourself or by an administrator before you can logon; this information was present during registration. If you were sent an e-mail, follow the instructions. If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may have been picked up by a spam filer. If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, look in your spam folder, or try contacting an administrator.</p>
[/html]

Siirist

Thank you. :)
It functions PERFECTLY!!! :D

I did not know that the "<html>" and "</html>" were needed. :-[

Here's a link for others to see it. ;)
http://www.asanctuary.net/yoursanctuary/index.php?topic=714.0 O:)

Which leads to another question. Because the link above is directing to "topic=714.0" can be moved anywhere, (PROVIDED that IT STAYS IN the same yoursanctuary folder)?

Have a GREAT day and Be Well,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:

xenovanis

Hi Cloud,

Quote from: SurvivorOfAbuse on August 30, 2010, 09:35:57 AM
Which leads to another question. Because the link above is directing to "topic=714.0" can be moved anywhere, (PROVIDED that IT STAYS IN the same yoursanctuary folder)?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that?

Advertisement: