News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

gCalSync

Started by kriation, August 10, 2010, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvreagl

Yet another Fan anxiously awaiting a 2.0 update  ;D

udderjuice

Can anyone explain to me how to get this installed?  I've read this page and I am none the wiser.  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manual_installation_of_mods

I'm a total noob at this, any help is appreciated!

T3CHN0

Quote from: slvreagl on November 18, 2013, 03:38:54 PM
Yet another Fan anxiously awaiting a 2.0 update <$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />
Put my vote in as well :) waiting anxiously 2.x

kriation

Hi All,

It's been a while. I noticed after some research today that this mod is completely non-functional due to a change in Google's Calendar API. I've decided to re-write the entire mod so that it doesn't use Zend.

In addition, I've stood up both 1.x and 2.x test environments, and will be supporting both versions of SMF.

I hope to have the first re-write available in a couple of weeks... :)

demlak

Let us know, if you need some beta-testers

kriation

Quote from: demlak on May 01, 2015, 03:55:08 PM
Let us know, if you need some beta-testers
Will do! Thanks for the offer!

oridyne

Excellent news, this has been an excellent addition to my Forum and one that has seen great use. I look forward to re-activating this again, so I can stop manually adding events!

Thankyou sir for all of your efforts they are appreciaited
<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

Sakae

Repeating the compliments, thanks for your efforts... Waiting for the new mod :)
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

fun4us

4 Years later: sometimes it is better to say no than to give people the runaround.

kriation

Hi Folks,

You've waited long enough for this. ;D I spent the second half of July diligently working on this mod, and have submitted the latest version for approval to the SMF Modification Board. As I mentioned in a previous post, due to Google deprecating the old API, I had to re-write it from the ground up using the new API, as well as integrating to v2 of SMF. The SMF developers gave us integration hooks which simplified a significant portion of the administration user interface. The runtime integration was still a pain. ;)

To use the new mod, you can either take advantage of the Google API key I've included in the package, or generate your own via the Google Developer Console. If you choose the latter, let me know, and I'll walk you through the process.

The configuration page is a sub of the Modification Settings menu. I've *tried* to make it intuitive, and relatively straight forward to complete the configuration.

As far as code quality, I spent a good portion of time testing under various conditions, and am comfortable to state that the current release is production ready.

Lastly, I have a fair share of TODOs. This release doesn't have an upgrade path from those of you that used the mod on v1, and still have the gCalSync table with data. I'll be working on that piece next. There's a bit more tidying up that I would like to do, in addition to moving the rest of the static text into a language file.

The code base is on GitHub here, if you're interested in sending patches. This release is on its own branch (smfv2), and I won't be merging it into the mainline until I port the API changes into the mod compliant for SMF v1.

I'll post again once I hear back from the approval board.

For those of you that have stuck around, thanks for the support!

demlak

Quote from: fun4us on May 20, 2015, 10:48:40 AM
4 Years later: sometimes it is better to say no than to give people the runaround.

sometimes beeing tenacious seems to work =)

@kriation
thank you! it´s great to see, there are still skilled people on this topic!
i´ll test and take a look to contribute.. but for the next one or two month i have to concentrate on my study.. i won´t get taken off the university register..
so.. later i´ll take a look.. maybe i can help on the language file in german.. and im very interested in porting this to standard caldav.. not only google calendar... so we can use this with for example owncloud calendar.

i think the biggest steps are done.. by you!
thx thx thx

Kindred

I will also look into it in the next week or so... :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kriation

The new version is now available for download!

dreep

hi,

I want to test this mod, but when i install it, i have a fatal error on line 125 in gCalSync.php which crash my forum.

DarkTexas

not working for me  ; crashed my whole Forum again, tested on my test forum.

kriation

Quote from: dreep on September 14, 2015, 09:06:04 AM
hi,
I want to test this mod, but when i install it, i have a fatal error on line 125 in gCalSync.php which crash my forum.
Hi Dreep - What version of SMF did you try installing it on?

Quote from: DarkTexas on September 15, 2015, 05:55:53 PM
not working for me  ; crashed my whole Forum again, tested on my test forum.
Hi DarkTexas - What version of SMF did you try installing it on? How did it crash the forum? Were there any error messages?

dreep

Quote from: kriation on September 17, 2015, 09:55:15 AM
Quote from: dreep on September 14, 2015, 09:06:04 AM
hi,
Hi Dreep - What version of SMF did you try installing it on?

Hi, the last one, downloaded last week, so : SMF Package   SMF 2.0.10
Thx a lot !

kriation

Quote from: dreep on September 17, 2015, 10:48:02 AM
Hi, the last one, downloaded last week, so : SMF Package   SMF 2.0.10
Thx a lot !
Thanks for the update. I'll try to reproduce the issue tonight in my environment.

dreep

thx
my others modification in join file

kriation

Hi All,

I just uploaded a new update to gCalSync. I added a bit cleaner logging, so that if you do encounter an error, it's better caught, and displayed.

Advertisement: