Code at top of page...issue?!

Started by AZMazda3, August 19, 2010, 11:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMazda3

I am a total noob so I am sorry if this is already dealt with somewhere. We have this code:

$maintenance = 0; $ssi_db_user = ''; $cachedir = '/var/www/vhosts/azmazda3.com/httpdocs/forum/cache'; $ssi_db_passwd = ''; ?>

That shows up on all areas and is viewable by most members in all browsers. It showed up after updating the database password. I am not sure what the point of using SSI would be be but either way it isn't setup apparently. I just wante make sure this is not a more critical error than it seems to be and how to fix it. We are having other issues as well.

Our forum is azmazda3.com

Thank you

gbsothere

:-\

That seems as if there's a missing ?> at the end of a file...   

Have you recently modified any files, particularly your Settings.php?  How did you go about updating the DB password?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

IrateZebra

Sounds like there is an unexpected end to the file. In other words, the ending ?> is somewhere before the code you posted above.

If you wish, you can send me a PM with the contents of your Settings.php, but never post that file publicly since it contains private information on your forum.

gbsothere

Just make sure, AZMazda3, that a  ?> is the last thing on your Settings.php file and allow an extra line or two before it.  Make sure  ?> only occurs once.

That's all you need to do.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

CapadY

Quote from: gbsothere on August 19, 2010, 12:05:37 PM
Just make sure, AZMazda3, that a  p> is the last thing on your Settings.php file and allow an extra line or two before it.  Make sure   p> only occurs once.

That's all you need to do.

I wont be superior but I think there should be a ?>  at the end of settings.php instead op P>  ;)

By the tway, it can also be a problem with a single quote thats gone some way or the other when editting
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

gbsothere

Quote from: capady on August 19, 2010, 12:32:46 PM

I wont be superior but I think there should be a ?>  at the end of settings.php instead op P>  ;)

By the tway, it can also be a problem with a single quote thats gone some way or the other when editting

You're quite right.  I have a bit of an external issue going on, suddenly and that is a typo.  I'll change it.   ;)

AZMazda3

Quote from: gbsothere on August 19, 2010, 12:00:23 PM
:-\

That seems as if there's a missing ?> at the end of a file...   

Have you recently modified any files, particularly your Settings.php?  How did you go about updating the DB password?

The password was filled in the empty field next to "SSI Database PAssword" on the Server Settings page when it should have been on the "Database Password" and then it showed up. There is no SSI database unless the smf software creates one by default.

gbsothere

Was the script appearing on your pages corrected, AZMazda3?

Advertisement: