Installation Errors

Started by schenkp, August 21, 2010, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schenkp

HI,
I have am in a strange situation with my forum the sequence of effects of events below has let to the error message below and IM stuck and need some help.

1)  Forum was running the latest version of 1.XXX
2)  Forums PHP files where hacked with a PHP Base 64 virus
3)  Deleted the entire forum without a proper backup
4)  Tried to reinstall version 1.xxx receiving the following error below
5)  Tried to upgrade to version 2.0 RC3 and received the following error message below

The forums database seems to be in good shape. 

Any suggestions on how to get version 2.0 RC3 installed and working would be welcomed.

!!Critical Error!
The installer has detected another version of SMF already installed with the specified information. If you are trying to upgrade, you should use the upgrader, not the installer.

Otherwise, you may wish to use different information, or create a backup and then delete the data currently in the database.

rajanpert

Try to install 1.XXX again, and then upgrade it to SMF 2.0

schenkp

OK when I try to reinstall version 1.x i get the following error?

The installer has detected another version of SMF already installed with the specified information. If you are trying to upgrade, you should use the upgrader, not the installer.

Otherwise, you may wish to use different information, or create a backup and then delete the data currently in the database.

Click here to try this step again.

rajanpert

make a backup of your database and then try to use upgrade instead of install it may help you...

schenkp

Still has not worked.... is there another way around this error?

xenovanis

Quote from: schenkp on August 21, 2010, 10:49:40 AM
!!Critical Error!

This means SMF has detected the database from your 'old' version. What you'll need to do is upload the files from the installationpackage for 1.1.x, except the files install.php and the *.sql files. After you've done so, upload the file repair_settings.php and fill out the required info to connect to the database.

What is repair_settings.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: