Theme path Help

Started by csneon2000, August 30, 2010, 02:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csneon2000

OK i recently changed the URL for my web server. so i changed all the paths the SMF uses. When i go to my website its all with with the text, I.E. no theme not even default. I installed and used the repair_settings.php and I'm still getting the same thing. What am i doing wrong?

chilly

admin -> configuration -> themes and layout -> theme settings

reset theme url and directory

Language Coordinator

kat

Welcome to the forum, csneon!

Failing chilly's idea, try this:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663

csneon2000

thanks guys got it to work.

My question is, why do some of the paths have to be to the old url and some are to the new? I know the forum path has to be to the new one.

Kill Em All

Are you sure? That doesn't seem right, make sure that the repair_settings.php is in the root of the SMF directory and that you selected all the recommended file paths.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

csneon2000

i did that but some of the paths point to the new site and some the old. thats what there recommending.

Kill Em All

Just to make sure before we change anything, is anything left from when you changed servers on the old server that it might still be accessing?

If not, change the current values to your own values and see what happens. Make a backup of your Settings.php file just in case, although it shouldn't matter.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: