PremiumBeat Mp3 Player

Started by Chen Zhen, August 30, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MiY4Gi on July 12, 2011, 07:09:53 PM
Does this mod allow me to play mp3 files hosted on another site?

Mp3 url's can be either.
The auto-load folder will only work with a local folder setting.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

Quote from: nob4uask on July 12, 2011, 06:37:51 PM
Morn underdog,

It was after 1am here when I guit for the night and amazing how getting a little sleep can change your POV.  When I got up this morning I looked at it, moved the google add column on the right side to the top of the screen and there was my install button..lol

It is all working now and time to play.  Thank you for your help underdog.

Be Safe.

Right on! Glad to hear you got it working.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Greeley

Re: undefined playlist, mp3's not showing up in player, etc.

I was linking to several remotely-hosted mp3s in my posts and one link wouldn't load in the player--went round and round trying to figure out if there was something wrong with the file link, etc. which was hard to do because, again, it's a remotely hosted file--can't do much besides download...

Then I noticed that whomever had uploaded the one bum file had the file extension in caps, i.e., "filename.MP3" not "filename.mp3" so I went into the source code in CustomMusicPlaylist.php and changed lines 67 and 89 from:

if ($c == '.mp3')

to

if ($c == '.mp3' || $c == '.MP3')

Problem solved. Now the player accepts files with uppercase or lowercase extension names.  :)

Nice tool--thanks!

ACAMS

Maybe you can help figure out how to make it have 3 auto loading playlists!

I tried, but I am not samrt enuf.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Greeley on July 17, 2011, 11:27:03 AM
Re: undefined playlist, mp3's not showing up in player, etc.

I was linking to several remotely-hosted mp3s in my posts and one link wouldn't load in the player--went round and round trying to figure out if there was something wrong with the file link, etc. which was hard to do because, again, it's a remotely hosted file--can't do much besides download...

Then I noticed that whomever had uploaded the one bum file had the file extension in caps, i.e., "filename.MP3" not "filename.mp3" so I went into the source code in CustomMusicPlaylist.php and changed lines 67 and 89 from:

if ($c == '.mp3')

to

if ($c == '.mp3' || $c == '.MP3')

Problem solved. Now the player accepts files with uppercase or lowercase extension names.  :)

Nice tool--thanks!

Ya I have seen some files named like that and just recently in my own collection. I overlooked this and will add it to the next updated version.
Thank you for reporting this.

Quote from: ACAMS on July 17, 2011, 05:53:56 PM
Maybe you can help figure out how to make it have 3 auto loading playlists!

I tried, but I am not samrt enuf.

The next version will allow any playlist to use an opted auto-load folder.
You will then have the option of setting up to 98 playlists with auto-load folders ( 99 max but Playlist 1 will play everywhere don't forget  ) ;)
Not much time or energy to develop lately just too busy so you will have to be patient.  :-\

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

ACAMS

Well, if playlist 1 has to play everywhere, then it will be almost useless to have the others autoload, unless I can leave playlist 1 empty.
I would hate to have that new crap get mingled with my country music.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ACAMS on July 17, 2011, 07:54:54 PM
Well, if playlist 1 has to play everywhere, then it will be almost useless to have the others autoload, unless I can leave playlist 1 empty.
I would hate to have that new crap get mingled with my country music.

Yes you can leave it empty.
It is used for music that you want played on every list as explained during installation.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Nickhead

okay, so i had the player working fine.  then (i think i created an issue) by trying to set the player value at 0, so its hidden.

well its not hidden and i cannot via the admin panel, select anything in this panel any longer.

i tried uninstalling it to reinstall, but there are errors, and i dont wanna muck anything up.

i did notice while doing manual edits to try and get it back to good, there were duplicate parses inside my files, so i did delete the extras, but nothing helped.

same errors too on uninstall.

any help would be appreciated...

as well, i have uploaded many songs to the my_music/music directory.

.Org, .Net, .Com

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Nickhead on July 29, 2011, 06:08:39 PM
okay, so i had the player working fine.  then (i think i created an issue) by trying to set the player value at 0, so its hidden.

well its not hidden and i cannot via the admin panel, select anything in this panel any longer.

i tried uninstalling it to reinstall, but there are errors, and i dont wanna muck anything up.

i did notice while doing manual edits to try and get it back to good, there were duplicate parses inside my files, so i did delete the extras, but nothing helped.

same errors too on uninstall.

any help would be appreciated...

as well, i have uploaded many songs to the my_music/music directory.

If there is any duplicated code it would be due to a previous improper un-installation.
Whenever you install or uninstall modifications, you must properly parse any errors that are flagged - failing that you will have issues such as you described.

Your playlist page is void of entries because your mp3 list is empty (no doubt). Add a mp3 with a playlist number and the playlist will appear on that page you posted.
The invisible player setup is for block code use (no popup) where you set the width and height to 0 in a specific playlist settings... you would also need to set your block to no title and no body for this option.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

MiY4Gi

This Mp3 player uses Adobe Flash right? So then will all audio formats supported by Adobe Flash, also be supported by this mod? I want to know if it supports the HE-AAC compression format?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 09, 2011, 02:13:17 PM
This Mp3 player uses Adobe Flash right? So then will all audio formats supported by Adobe Flash, also be supported by this mod? I want to know if it supports the HE-AAC compression format?

This player only supports mp3 files.

m4a files will not function with it.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

MiY4Gi

Quote from: -Underdog- on August 09, 2011, 11:51:02 PM
This player only supports mp3 files.

m4a files will not function with it.

Are there any plans to extend the audio formats supported, or is that beyond the scope of this mod? I mean, the name of the mod is PremiumBeat Mp3 Player after all.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Xarcell

PremiumBeat is around no longer.

MiY4Gi

Xarcell

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 13, 2011, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: Xarcell on August 13, 2011, 02:12:31 PM
PremiumBeat is around no longer.

Please elaborate.

er.... not's not around anymore? I don't know how to be anymore clearer than that.

http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_music_players

MiY4Gi

Mm, so Premium Beat stopped doing the media player. Well, I guess I'll look around for another option then.

ACAMS

The old player still works.
It is just a pain in the butt not having more than one autoloading playlist.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 10, 2011, 08:17:43 AM
Are there any plans to extend the audio formats supported, or is that beyond the scope of this mod? I mean, the name of the mod is PremiumBeat Mp3 Player after all.

As was already stated by Xarcell, the actual player is no longer supported.

Quote from: Xarcell on August 13, 2011, 03:50:23 PM
er.... not's not around anymore? I don't know how to be anymore clearer than that.

http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_music_players

Ya I noticed that last week.

Quote from: ACAMS on August 13, 2011, 08:25:18 PM
The old player still works.
It is just a pain in the butt not having more than one autoloading playlist.

This package installs all the necessary files and will function just fine for playing mp3 files from any proper url.
Yes this option will definitely be added to the next version amongst some other tweaks.
In the future I may swap out the player for something that has the ability to play other formats (a/v).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

David111567

This mod does not function and when I go to uninstall this clunky mod....it tells me:

"This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information."

Nice! Sweet!  Thanks.  Much appreciated.

TheListener

David you will find this mod works perfect on 2.0.1

Underdog has been very busy lately due to a new addition to the family and other committments.

You need to emulate the mod to 2.0 before uninstalling.

How doesn't it function?

Advertisement: