Virus problem when searching

Started by seroxatmad, September 02, 2010, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seroxatmad

Hi

When I do a search I am directed to "http://blog.electnate.com/main.php?h=www.seroxatmad.co.uk&i=JciojNcVo/Khjxj7UMdFzZoXoQ==&e=r. [nofollow]"
I used to use a different version of SMF but it had developed the same problem and then google stuck me on a malware list.

So I installed SMF 2 RC3  added some code to the site as google suggested and had them re-index it. You can now search for the site fine without a virus warning but whne i search within my forum the same problem is occuring i.e linking me to electnate.com [nofollow]

Any Ideas

JOhn

P.S The Search also does not show correctly as if it hasnt read the .css file correctly.

kat

Are the files on your site intact?

Those symptoms make me think "Hacked".

yakyakyak

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.seroxatmad.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Not good at all

seroxatmad

Hi

For the same to happen it makes me wonder especially as I even lost all my old posts upgrading to smf2.

I had a virus on my home pc so reinstalled it and upgraded to AVG internet security (paid) version, and changed my FTP login passwords.

I have been onto my hosting company to see if they can help.

I added some code that google suggested and they will re-index asap but if its been hacked again.....

Cheers

John

yakyakyak

All looks pretty terminal until you can be sure you're clean at all levels - What i mean is there's little point patching up the current design until you're 100% certain it's not you causing the infection on the server.

Good luck! Maybe look at faronics.com their product Deep Freeze has saved my bacon many times

yak

willemjan

As for you're virus problem:

I have negative experiences with AVG. I have seen viruses implement in multiple computers without AVG stopping it (with my own eyes). I know AVG is free/cheap, but you pay for quality. I can suggest a few very good ones. In my experiences ZoneLabs is the best price vs quality choice. And then I mean their internet security package. I have used it for more then 7 years now on multiple computers and have had 2 viruses since then. That is a very good rate.

chilly

Quote from: seroxatmad on September 02, 2010, 05:08:36 AM
I had a virus on my home pc so reinstalled it and upgraded to AVG internet security (paid) version, and changed my FTP login passwords.

Language Coordinator

seroxatmad

I will look into that software cheers

Basically when i select search (from the forum home page) the page shows without any .css more like plain text (like a page created in notepad or similar) and every link from he search page trys to access the link i posted in the previous post!

Cheers

John

willemjan

Quote from: chilly on September 02, 2010, 05:58:19 AM
Quote from: seroxatmad on September 02, 2010, 05:08:36 AM

Quote from: willemjan on September 02, 2010, 05:56:31 AM
As for you're virus problem:

I have negative experiences with AVG. I have seen viruses implement in multiple computers without AVG stopping it (with my own eyes). I know AVG is free/cheap, but you pay for quality. I can suggest a few very good ones. In my experiences ZoneLabs is the best price vs quality choice. And then I mean their internet security package. I have used it for more then 7 years now on multiple computers and have had 2 viruses since then. That is a very good rate.

Advertisement: