News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Instant Messenger

Started by sageofmali, September 12, 2010, 12:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sageofmali

Anyone know of an instant messenger for SMF 2.0 RC3, like FaceBook?  I tried lot's of things but no luck.  Please, I looked in the mod section and nothing.  Please help me.

IceXaos

I think this is what you're lookin' for.  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534  You must add each other as buddies before you can send messages.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: IceXaos on September 12, 2010, 01:07:55 AM
I think this is what you're lookin' for.  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534  You must add each other as buddies before you can send messages.

I agree with IceXaos. It will definitely do the trick and much more then Facebook. See its demo. It can even run YouTube from a single click of a button!

sageofmali

I tried that, but it didn't work.  Well, it did.  But didn't work right.

Can you explain that further please. You need to troubleshoot a bit if you intend to use that mod.

Read this support thread for that mod if you are not sure. There a demo, how to troubleshoot and tips in the OP. Do read that ok. By the way, help relating mod is better to be asked in its support thread rather then opening a new topic.

sageofmali

When you're logged in, it says welcome guest please login or register.  I click the login and login again, and it does nothing.

Quote from: ahrasis on September 12, 2010, 01:47:38 PM
Read this support thread for that mod if you are not sure. There a demo, how to troubleshoot and tips in the OP. Do read that ok.

IceXaos

You could also tell us any errors you got while installing, and if you installed when it said there were errors.

sageofmali

When I first use this mod, I also find no errors and it is not working at all. But then I read the OP for the mod, watch the video, read the troubleshooting (and actually checked and implemented it on my site) and do some tips and tricks it provides, then I was surprise to see how easy it is and it works.

Advertisement: