News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

can't edit subs.php

Started by jordumus, September 21, 2010, 07:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordumus

Hello,

I was trying to edit my menu a bit, changing the code first in a text-editor and then copying it to the server (directadmin), I saved it (got a command returned) but when I refresh the forum, nothing changed. When I head back to the file on the server, it seems that it resetted itself to what it was. First I thought I made a fault in the code or something so I tested that by adding just a comment line and saving it, but even then nothing changes.

Is something protecting the file from editing it? What should I do?

Thx in advance :)

edit: forum is 2.0 RC3

xenovanis

Are you sure the original file /Sources/Subs.php was overwritten? (Have you made a backup of the file before modifying it?)

You might need to clear your cache after making modifications. You can do so in Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

jordumus

hello,

Yes I took backups (you never know =D) and I found out myself that it was because I installed the forum using the installatron, this makes the 'owner' of the file not me but the directadmin itself, so what did I do: I copied the code, deleted the file and uploaded a new one with the same name using ftp, this worked :)

Advertisement: