News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Complete in PM TO Field stopped working

Started by mabley, October 14, 2010, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabley

Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3
SimplePortal 2.3.2
DarkBreak Theme by DzinerStudio

Greetings! When you write a PM, usually the To: field will auto complete by providing a little drop down after a few characters are entered.  Recently (noticed in the last month or two) this hasn't been happening at all.

We've tested it on a few members on the different browsers and it is ... gone! What might cause that?

We have not installed any mods in this time, or fiddled with anything. Where should I start?

Thank you.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mabley

Nope.

One member suggested it might have to do with updating our respective browsers to the current theme?

Oya

looks like a mod may have broken the javascript

what mods do you have installed?

Alex' Manson

Quote from: Oya on October 20, 2010, 11:16:30 AM

We have not installed any mods in this time, or fiddled with anything. Where should I start?

Oya

Quote from: Sisko Punk ;) on October 20, 2010, 11:20:07 AM
Quote from: Oya on October 20, 2010, 11:16:30 AM

it works just fine on an unmodified smf 2.0 rc3, so if it doesn't work either the theme or a mod has broken it.

mabley

We have mods installed, certainly.  We just haven't made any changes to the site in the span of time this stopped working (a month to a couple weeks depending on the user).

Oya

it won't spontaneously break - it works just fine on an unmodified site, so something's changed

has your browser changed lately? but either way it used to work and doesn't now so osmething changed

mabley

I agree that it wouldn't spontaneously break, I just can't think of what's changed in that time.

I remember if my browser updated lately, but all of my members report that it isn't working for them either.  That might mean all their browsers were also updated lately, which is possible. 

If it was a browser issue, how could I find out?

Our Mods:
SubAccounts
SimplePortal
Tagging System for Threads
Bakers Dozen Pages
Order Custom Profile Fields
Current Signature Mod
PM to New Members
Custom Form Mod

Alex' Manson

PM to New Members can this be the issue? maybe touched the file and broke it?

mabley

I uninstalled the PM to New Members mod and tested it in Chrome/Firefox/IE, but it was still not working.  Thank you, though.

xenovanis

Can you provide us with login details for a testaccount? If you don't want to post in public, please send me a PM  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mabley

I'm going to mark this topic as solved.  For other reasons, we are working on an upgrade and re-design and so far this is working on our test site. 

Thanks all for the help!

Advertisement: