News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

fatal error

Started by tnrh1, October 21, 2010, 11:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnrh1

hello,
when I try to send private messege I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\Program Files\VertrigoServ\www\125cc\Themes\default\languages\index.hebrew-utf8.php on line 617
any ideas? thanks.

this is the line: $txt['totalTimeLogged6'] = 'h ';

tnrh1

I'm really sorry of double posting but people are viewing my post and dont replay so I have to pop up my thread if I want to get an answer.
sorry in advanced.

kat

I notice that path is to your local machine.

Is your own machine your server?

tnrh1

Yes it is, my computer have alot of ram and memory so I guess this should not the problem.
Maybe the forum is limited to amount of memory?and if it is how do I change it.
Thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi tnrh1, you have a default PHP setting memory_limit = 8M, and SMF is trying to use more there, so PHP stops and spews out an error.
You can manipulate this setting through php.ini, by changing the line memory_limit = 8M to something bigger, like 12M or if there is not one already, just add a new line memory_limit = 12M
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: