News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is this possible?

Started by Oloty, October 25, 2010, 04:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oloty

Is it possible to make it so new users have to make an intro thread before they can post in other paces? And if so how please.

Thanks in Advance! =3

Kindred

1- this board is for feedback and discussion on the software, not for support
2- for support, you really need to indicate what version of smf you are using.

3- Have you looked at the mods site?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oloty

1. Sorry
2. SMF 2.0 RC3
3. I've skimmed it...

Illori

create the regular member group with no permission to post, create a post count group for those under 1 post [0 posts] with no posting permission, create a post count group with 1 or more posts to be able to post. make the board for people with 0 posts use local permissions and assign the post permission to that board. all other boards will not be effected as with 1+  post people will have the permission to post anywhere.

Oloty

Will the 0posters still be able to see other boards?

Illori

yes unless you set that permission, which you can do with the post count groups.

Kindred

mind you, this just requires that they make one post....   it could just be "blah"...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: