All users showing as member and guest?

Started by nightbender, October 26, 2010, 01:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightbender

Fresh install of SMF 2 RC3.

I'm just setting up a new board, and was working on setting up the various member ranks.  I then moved the existing users into the proper rank.
Went to call it a night, and all of them are showing up as 'guest' and their new given rank at the same time.

For example, I'm the Administrator, logged in for the last 4 hours, and showing as a guest as well (Administrator/Guest).  I found one previous post similar to this issue, but I don't think this is the same case since all my users are displaying the same thing.

I've tried the various maintenance tasks, and a few things with member groups.  I figured before I fiddle any more I'd ask here first.

willemjan

My best guess is that "full member" is a membergroup created by you. The "Guest" is probably an post based group. In a fresh install the first post based group is newbie, any chance you turned that into guest?

You can find it in Admin -> Members -> Membergroups, then look at post based membergroups

nightbender

Yup, I changed 'newbie' to 'guest', but that's the only change I made to it.
The other ranks I changed their names and made them a 'private' rank that requires setting a user to that membership.  I then set a small group of test users to the various ranks.

Post count makes no difference, nor does being logged in.  Everyone is set to the stupid 'guest'/'newbie'.  If a user has 100 posts and is logged in, then they shouldn't still be considered a guest.  They are though...

I've monkeyed and monkeyed and I'm about ready to start hacking the stupid thing out the hard way (since you can't delete it, nor make significant changes to its setting).

xenovanis

Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme -> Hide post group titles for grouped members -> check

Does that help?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

willemjan

And... Could you please do the following:

In the Admin, got to core features, and make sure that rapport generation is on (translated that from Dutch, so could be slightly different on your board).

Now click that and generate an rapport of the membergroups, and attach it here.

nightbender

Thanks for the responses.
xenovanis - This hides it nicely, thanks.

I still think there should be options to do something other than hide it though.   ;)

Advertisement: