Trouble converting to SMF

Started by Nextmastermind, November 20, 2010, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nextmastermind

When I try to convert Mybb 1.6 to SMF I get this error once I type in the directories and the password:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function loaddatabase() in /home/bgsfans1/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 414

Would someone please help me?

Norv

Hey there,

Can you please make sure that for converting to SMF 2.0 RC4, you use the converter package for 2.0 RC4, and for converting to 1.1.12, the converter for the 1.1.x line? I'm afraid the converter is only attached in this topic yet: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404303. I will be adding it to the downloads page as well.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Nextmastermind

Okay, so I switched the converter to the right version, but now I get this error:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'bgsfans1_smf1'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

Norv

Please, take a look at:
Common conversion errors.

The database user of the SMF database needs access to the MyBB database. (to read the information from it)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Nextmastermind

Norv

Cheers, good to hear!

And welcome around! :)

Advertisement: