News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

My SMF is completely down.

Started by Izirae, November 25, 2010, 01:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izirae

"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."
That's the error I keep getting when I try to access my forum. I've Google'd and searched for a solution, but I've yet to come across a fitting one.
I was trying to figure out how to import my database for my forum onto another website, and I was trying to change the password...
I went to the Server Settings and changed the password, but then I received that error and I can't bring up my forum!
I tried that repair_settings.php thing too, but it won't do anything. I've CHMOD'd and refreshed about a billion times...

Can someone help me? Or direct me to a board that would assist me.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Oh...I just realized that I DID post this in the wrong place. -_- I was just following a link.....

Norv

It's not the best place for it, that's true, but that's okay, we can move the topic if you wish. It would be useful if you told your current SMF version. :)

In repair_settings.php, did you enter the actual password of the database? Then save it, and then try to access the forum?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: