Started by Legolass, December 01, 2010, 07:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legolass

Hi there,

our avatars are a little larger than the norm - i have it set at 150 x 250, the trouble is when people are uploading avatars of different dimensions it is stretching them. I see options to stop it resizing large avatars (we definately dont want that) but is see no options to stop it resizing small ones. is this possible? if there is no fix i'm sure we could go to more normal sized avatars :)

thanks

Mari
x

Paul_Pauline

Do you have it set to let HTML resize them ?

There have been issues with using the Javascript option.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Normally I use html resizing. If I want all avatar to be of the same height, I just enter the preferred height. Vice versa, if I want it all of the same width, I just enter the preferred width.

Antechinus

HTML resizing will stretch the avs to the maximum permitted dimensions. I use the js resizing myself. That is much better IMO as it will not distort image proportions. It does have one drawback in my experience in that if an avatar is over width it will scale it down to suit, but in the event that you have an exceptionally tall and narrow avatar that does not exceed the width limit it will not be scaled for height. To get around this I use max-height and hidden overflow on the div that wraps the avatar.

ETA: Seems that minor bug was fixed.

Legolass

it was set to 'let html resize it', i change it to 'resize with js' and it did the trick - thanks very much guys! topic solved :D

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Good to know that the minor bugs have been fixed. Will try js settings later.

Advertisement: