News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

another issue

Started by texasman1979, December 09, 2010, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasman1979

how do i make new users members of a certian member group

like on my site, there are 2 dif kinds, org members, and public members.

i want all new ppl to go into the public member group, and then get manually promoted to the higher org member group. ive gotten close, but it still dont seem to work, thx
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

LOGIC is a FOUR letter word! :)

texasman1979

SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Spoogs

texasman1979

one other thing ive seen is that when a new user creates an account, the site hangs and doesnt follow thru. the new user is created, but you have to hit another link to get back a response. then the new user can log in as usual. what could possibly be causing this hang, it could possibly have something to do with my other post about the amail system not working.

http://aoforums.futureone.us

go there and create a temp user and see what i mean, it will still work, but you have to un hang it by refreshing the page or going to home or soemthing to un hang it.
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Spoogs

yeah thats weird, I'm not sure what would cause that.... maybe someone else can help you out on that

texasman1979

bump, not trying to be rude, just keeping it fresh :)
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

texasman1979

SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Paul_Pauline

Any mods installed ?

Particularily ones that effect registration, anti spam and the like.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

texasman1979

the only thing installed curretly that effects registration is the auto membergroup mod which i would assume is pretty much an if statment added.

but it had this issue before i installed that mod.
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Deaks

texasman1979 do you still need help with this as you havent bumped for over 3 weeks I will assume you dont and mark this as solved
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: