Show facebook comments on topic

Started by unformatted_, December 11, 2010, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unformatted_

Hi!

I have RSS feed posting new topics on facebook page with RSS Graffiti application. Is very nice. I have much of comments on facebook page about each new topic. It's possible to show on my forum topic related facebook comments? (and other social networks?)

Thanks

unformatted_

Any help please?
Want to show comments on facebook, likes and tweets on bottom of each topic  (i'm using pretty urls)
Its possible?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

unformatted_

Hi!
:)
NOW ITS POSSIBLE:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/01/facebook-rolls-out-overhauled-comments-system-try-them-now-on-techcrunch/#addcomment

Someone can help me to do this on SMF?

When someone post on my forum, is also published on Facebook (with RSS Grafiti). I want to show that comments on facebook about that topic, on orignal topic on the forum, and when someone comment on original topic with facebook show on facebook topic published before. So I can keep both discussion sync.

unformatted_

To use the new facebook comment I need a dynamic url on FB code, is that possible?

unformatted_

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: unformatted_ on March 06, 2011, 02:19:47 PM
To use the new facebook comment I need a dynamic url on FB code, is that possible?
As I haven't had a chance to get familiar with this new functionality at all, what do you mean exactly?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

unformatted_

Whenever you leave a comment on a site that's using Facebook comments, you'll see a checkbox asking if you'd like to also post that comment to Facebook. Leave it checked (it is by default), and your comment will be posted on your Facebook Wall and in your friends' News Feeds. That's nice, but plenty of other sites let you syndicate content to your Facebook profile. But Facebook is also giving its own comments engine a feature that nobody else can reproduce: comments can be syndicated the other way.

Let's say I leave a comment on TechCrunch and opt to have that comment shared to Facebook, too. Then, if one of my Facebook friends comes along and leaves a comment on Facebook about my comment, their comment will be posted back to TechCrunch. In other words, any discussion that my comment sparks between my Facebook friends will be seen on TechCrunch as well. That's very powerful, and it's something that nobody else can do.

This is the first time Facebook has enabled this kind of automatic external posting (historically everything you've posted on Facebook has stayed on Facebook).

Reade more: http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/01/facebook-rolls-out-overhauled-comments-system-try-them-now-on-techcrunch/#addcomment

My question is, how can I do this on smf topics? I want to add facebook comments after the last post or quickreply box. Do you know how can I do that?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes, I read the description on this - But, I bascially meant to ask what you meant with the dynamic URL on FB code?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

unformatted_

I'm not sure about that. But for comments appear correct in their threads, there must be a single url associated?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ah... Okay, That's basically the same thing as with Shares and Likes. ;)
For a Share to use a Topic address I did this

<a name="fb_share" type="button_count" share_url="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '">

Similar should work for Comments.  ( Although, Comments does not work exactly the same way, as it is XFBML... ::) )
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: