News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

smf is not reading php files?

Started by the-wanted, December 17, 2010, 06:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the-wanted

hiya

i just discovered that smf is not reading my php file after i tryed to install a mod and also got an error on one of the files so i modiyed it and uploaded but not changes happened ,still error so i gave my modifyed file to a pro coder to check it and he said it all corect , i have been modifying many files for other mods but still the same how ever i do i still get an error while trying to install.
anyone knows why ?

thnx for reading  :)

IceXaos

If you get an error while applying a mod, it's probably because you or another mod has already modified the section it's trying to find.  You will need to retrieve the file through FTP and edit it manually.  Then re-upload it and install the package.  Note you will still receive the errors while installing, but it's done so don't worry about it.

Depending on the mod, you may have to make the changes after installing to avoid knocking your forum offline for that time.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you manually edit files, then you most probably need to empty your cache after the edit to have all the modified files correctly used.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

the-wanted

Quote from: LexArma on December 17, 2010, 07:33:21 AM
If you manually edit files, then you most probably need to empty your cache after the edit to have all the modified files correctly used.

my cache is empty but i see llike i have have some dubel php files , like one subs in scorce and other one in public_hmtl
is ok ?

Deaks

the-wanted do you still require assistance?  as you have not replied in 3 weeks I am marking this as solved until you update us :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

the-wanted

i marked the topic as solved a age ago

Advertisement: