No MySQL support in PHP

Started by theLemur, July 09, 2005, 10:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theLemur

I'm trying to install SMF on WinXP (localhost), using Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4.4, and MySQL 4.1

When I start point at hxxp:localhost/smf/install.php [nonactive] I get the following error

QuoteThe installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Click here to try this step again.

I know this has popped up and been answered before, but as a total n00b, I'm a bit lost. I'm not sure how to enable MySQL. Anyone here who can help me?
erp?

[Unknown]

Because you're using PHP 5, you'll need to edit php.ini and find:

;extension=php_mysql.dll

Replace:

extension=php_mysql.dll

Make sure you have the extension_dir set properly, and the php_mysql.dll file in it.  If you don't, there's a "pecl" zip file on PHP's downloads page.

-[Unknown]

theLemur

Thanks [Unknown]. THat's got it working. At least, it's got be to the install page.
erp?

Artras

I got the same problem.

Running Sambar 6.3, php5 and latest my sql.
Changing that line in php.ini gives me a "cannot find module" error when starting the server.
Any ideas on this?

beemer

Do you have php_mysql.dll  file?

Should be in somewhere like php/extensions   ??
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

TheMaTrIx

With PHP5, you are actualy supposed to copy over all extension DLL's and MAPI DLL's (can be found in the extensions and mapi dirs) to the PHP root directory.

Its in the install docs.

They also suggest not putting any files into the windows and windows\system32 directories anymore and using the correct PHP_ variables and PATH variables in windows to aid PHP in locating its files and configs.

This is done to make it easyer for files to find eachother and to make the upgrades easyer.
No more need to go find the files you put in the windows or other folders, just write the new files over the old ones and your done.

Now for extensions, which MySQL are you using? could be you need to include mysqli.dll instead of mysql.dll

Artras

Tried both (mysqli.dll / mysql.dll) no luck.
All .dll's are in the php root folder.
MySql version is 5.1.4

Artras

Ok...

First of all, thanks for your time people.
I got it solved.
Turned out that there was a communication problem between MySql and PHP.

emrys01

Quote from: Artras on January 17, 2006, 12:53:42 PM
Ok...

First of all, thanks for your time people.
I got it solved.
Turned out that there was a communication problem between MySql and PHP.

what kind of problem was it, and how did you solve it?  i'm having the same problem as you did, but i'm on a linux box, not windows...

Advertisement: