Template Parse Error - Can't view any post nor thread

Started by clintmyster, December 29, 2010, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintmyster

Hi guys,

I was playing around with the FTP yesterday and I then this happened. The full page displays as follows:

----------------------

There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in .../Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 673
664: <input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="', $context['form_sequence_number'], '" />
665: </form>
666: </td>
667: </tr>
668: </table>';
669: }
670: if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
671: echo '
672: <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
673: }
674:
675: ?>

------------------------

I have a feeling this happened because I may have deleted the language file located here: /Themes/default/

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

kat

Hi, Clint!

Welcome to the forum!

You could get the installation archive and extract the language files, from there.

They go in the default theme's "languages" directory, strangely enough. ;)

Tyrsson

Please attach the file in the error to your next post.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

clintmyster

Quote from: K@ on December 29, 2010, 04:55:23 PM
Hi, Clint!

Welcome to the forum!

You could get the installation archive and extract the language files, from there.

They go in the default theme's "languages" directory, strangely enough. ;)

I actually tried that before but the only file I could see was the original display.template.php file. Don't I need the language file?

I've the attached the file in error here Tyrsson.

Tyrsson

Ok, you have posted in the 2.0 support board but you posted a 1.1.xx file... Which version are you running?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

clintmyster

Advertisement: