News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RC4 Session timeouts & Calendar Problem too

Started by woolly bugger, January 07, 2011, 01:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolly bugger

geeze, I;ve just now started to encounter the same issue...

I've been running SMF for years and now RC4. there haven't been any real issues until this past month when users, IE & Firefox have started to report timeout issues. NOW I"m even having them.

I'm at a loss as what is the cause of this and while I'm talking to my host, they are pointing fingers at SMF settings. I've got the timeouts set to 90 minutes...

Host says that their servers are configed correctly and that the problem must be in SMF, I've got a bunch of mods.. but they were installed long before this problem popped up.

Also, and I'm not sure if there is any relation to the problems, the calendar isn't working, I get an error when trying to access it.

Farjo

"Invalid year value" - go to Admin, Forum, Calendar, Calendar settings and change the Maximum Year to the future :D

woolly bugger

Thanks Farjo, that was easy...

But the time out problem is still bothering users....

Farjo

There are some other posts on this forum similar to yours. Have a look at your log to see if you're getting a lot of failed login attempts for those members.

woolly bugger

weird, just checked the logs and there are a lot of failed logon attempts "Password Incorrect - UserName"

these attempt are from odd / unknown ip addresses... look like someone it trying to hack the board....

in the last couple of days there are 210 of these errors directed at the users who have reported session errors...

woolly bugger

Advertisement: