News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Favicon

Started by kenso, January 12, 2011, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenso

Hi Guys, how do you get rid of a the SMF favicon? I have set up my own favicon which works fine with www.ozfarmer.com but when I go to www.ozfarmer.com/store to a store I am putting together, the SMF favicon keeps appearing and mint wont. :-\ I can find no record of the SMF favicon.icom icon anywhere in my public_html so whats the go here?  :o

Thanks in advance
Kenso
The Farmers and self-sufficiency forum
http://www.ozfarmer.com.au

Yigal

Search the favicon file name in your Search. 
What modifications do you have installed?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

SlammedDime

It's in the main forum directory, called favicon.ico.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

kenso

Thanks Guys for the fast response! yes I have searched all my home directory for favicon.ico files and removed them all but it made no difference the smf favicon keeps appearing is it coded in somewhere? 

Mods installed are below
1.     Join date and Location in Posts
2.    Hide Images From Guest    1.3
3.    New Topic Button on Board Index    1.5    
4.    jQLightbox    0.6
5.    Youtube Integration Mod
6.    Menu_Icons
7.    Custom And Scripts
8.    YouTube BBCode
9.    Firefox Watcher
10.    Google Tagged
11.    Show your social networks
12.    Krystl Smileys    1.0
13.    Sitemap    2.2.0
14.    Facebook_Like v.1.4
15.    Contact Page    2.1.1
17.    RSS Feed Poster    3.0    
18.    EzPortal    0.4.5
19.    Profile Fields & Icons Mod
20.    Guest Registration Notification
21.    Happy Birthday

SlammedDime

Listing mods is rather pointless as no mod would have added a favicon file.  Check index.template.php and remove any <link /> tags pointing to a favicon.  Secondly, clear all of your browser cache and cookies, then close all browser windows and open a new one and check again.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: kenso on January 12, 2011, 11:27:06 PM
Thanks Guys for the fast response! yes I have searched all my home directory for favicon.ico files and removed them all but it made no difference the smf favicon keeps appearing is it coded in somewhere? 

Yeah I could never find where it was coming from either but when I placed my own favicon in every folder it went away  :o
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

hadesflames

Quote from: SlammedDime on January 12, 2011, 11:36:04 PM
Listing mods is rather pointless as no mod would have added a favicon file.  Check index.template.php and remove any <link /> tags pointing to a favicon.  Secondly, clear all of your browser cache and cookies, then close all browser windows and open a new one and check again.

That's not true, as there are mods (like the one I have) that adds the <link /> tag to add favicons to your forum.

In any case, you should only need to put your favicon in the root directory of your website, and make sure no other folder has a favicon.ico file to show your favicon. However, if what you have works for you, then I don't see the need to tamper with anything =]

kenso

Thanks Slammed, yes I have already been through the index.template files, see the thing is the favicon I have installed for my smf forum works fine. The problem is with my store (ozfarmer.com/store) it has nothing to do with smf yet the smf favicon appears in the browser when in the store.

Kenso

hadesflames

Try to add your own favicon.ico to the ./store directory. Also, make sure the only favicon.ico file in the root directory is the favicon.ico file that you want, if any at all.

EDIT:

I just went to the /store site and I'm getting the same (cow?) favicon I get on the forum. You should try to hard refresh your browser by pressing ctrl+F5 to see if that helps.

SlammedDime

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies and restarting the browser yet?  Have you tried looking at your site from another computer or another browser on your computer?  When I visit your store, I see an icon that looks like a cow I think, not an SMF favicon.  If you see an SMF icon, then it's cached on your computer browser and there is no problem with your site, but the computer you're browsing the site with. :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

kenso

Thanks Guys, yes did the cookie and browser thing earlier... and the winner is... "Road Rash"

"Yeah I could never find where it was coming from either but when I placed my own favicon in every folder it went away"

That worked :laugh:

Mark it solved!

Kenso

hadesflames

Glad this worked for you. You should have tried to press ctrl+F5 on your browser first, because I'm fairly certain the favicon was correct but you had an old one cached, as both SlammedDime and I were able to see your favicon already.

Advertisement: