Sub-Boards won't calculate on index page.

Started by Rotten Apple, January 14, 2011, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotten Apple

When I log onto my forum and view the board index page it will display the number of topics and posts within the main board, but it will not calculate the number of topics and posts within the sub-boards. Moreover, it will display links to topics in the sub-boards, but as aforementioned, it won't calculate them on the index page. However, when I go within the main board to look at the sub-board number of posts and topics, it will display things accurately. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an error on my part, but it's definitely something new to me.

I'm currently using a customized version of Curve and using SMF 2.0RC4. I've made some minor alternations to the boardindex.template.php and messageindex.template.php, but nothing major that I believe would cause this problem. All I did was simply move the "topics" and "posts" to appear under "last post" with no modifications to the original code. I saw no errors related to this in my error log either.

Also, an apology if this is in the wrong form. Help is definitely appreciated!

Forum link: http://detective.ethereal-visions.net/ [nofollow]

Paul_Pauline

Child boards should update the stats, if you are using "grandchild" boards, these do not update the stats, because of the load this would place on the server.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Rotten Apple

I'm not using "grandchild" boards. All of these are just regular child-boards. I've also tried running a task to recalculate the topics, but it didn't affect anything.

Illori

do you have it enabled to count child board totals in parent boards?

Rotten Apple

For a second I was a bit confused on what you meant, but after checking the area that's located, apparently not. I thought I enabled a majority of the required settings, but I missed one. XD. My bad. The parent board now calculates the child boards. ^^; Thanks!

Advertisement: