News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Does this look like a database error.

Started by hutch--, July 12, 2005, 03:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I had the current upgrade as 1.0.5

this is what is displaying when going to the URL.

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Security.php on line 556

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Security.php on line 563

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Security.php on line 563
session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Subs.php:232)
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /www/m/masmforum/htdocs/simple/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

It appears they have upgraded to mysql version 4.1 if this matters.
Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com

theos

I have exactly the same problem!

Hope someone can help us out...

[Unknown]

Find in Subs.php:

= &mysql_query

And remove the &.

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

(just great, now we have to make a release of 1.0.x just for this?  Why can't PHP 4.x stay backwards compatible?)

-[Unknown]

hutch--

Thanks [Unknown], The mod worked fine. Who do we shoot, the provider or MySql ?  8)
Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com

dragon2611

i just had my friends smf forum go down after updating my server to php 4.4 so i went back to 4.3.11 but as the fix is simple i'll probably be going back to php 4.4 again  ;)

strongmad

thanks this happend to me after 1.o.5 update, now sorted with subs fix

[Unknown]

Quote from: hutch-- on July 12, 2005, 07:21:48 AM
Thanks [Unknown], The mod worked fine. Who do we shoot, the provider or MySql ?  8)

PHP 4.4 is the mischevious one here.  Apparently they changed some things to generate error messages that did not before.

-[Unknown]

kisii

i have the same problem, I have removed that (&) but i get a different error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /www/k/kenyans/htdocs/discussions/Sources/Subs.php on line 1595

[Unknown]

Are you using Dreamweaver?  Please try a clean copy of the file.

-[Unknown]

kisii

I have a new sub.php file from from SMF but i get the same error

dtm.exe

Quote from: kisii on July 13, 2005, 08:24:29 PM
I have a new sub.php file from from SMF but i get the same error

Try pressing Ctrl + F5 at the error page.

-Dan The Man

Chris Cromer

Don't use dreamweaver to edit it if you still are, dreamweaver is the problem. You can use notepad if you are in windows.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Lordy

This just fixed the problem on my site too.

PHP version 4.4.0
MySQL version 4.1.11-standard
SMF 1.0.5

Thanks Unknown.  8)

deebee

I'm running SMF 1.0.4 on a server that's just been upgraded to php4.4.0. Tried the fix suggested but I'm still getting this error message. Modded the subs.php directly in CuteFTP and it looks fine, no trailing spaces etc.

Any ideas?

Ben_S

Try upgrading to 1.0.5, which you should do anyway as 1.0.4 has a security issue.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

deebee

Hi Ben,

I can't access any aspect of the board including the admin side. All this on my birthday as well!

The error message I get is...

"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later." Host tells me the server is fine and running OK.

There is just one mod on the board - Mambo-SMF bridge from Mambohacks. Problem is I can't even access the admin side of the board to remove this mod before upgrading to 1.0.5.

Meriadoc

Happy birthday! Though sorry this happens on your day.
You can manually upgrade to 1.0.5, you needn't do it from the admin panel.
grab the update/upgrade package from the downloads page and FTP the files up, then you can upgrade manually from there.
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Advertisement: