An Error Has Occurred! The search API could not be found!

Started by b3dm4n, January 20, 2011, 01:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b3dm4n

We recently upgrade from smf 1.1.12 to smf 2.0 RC4, after a week we got members questioning the search function doesn't run as it should be, we got error :

An Error Has Occurred!
The search API could not be found! Please contact the admin to check they have uploaded the correct files.

I've search this entire site and not found any topic regarding this matter, apparently no one has come across this problem before.
Could anyone point me directions of what should we do to correct this?

Thanks

青山 素子

Were you using Sphinx search previously? That should only happen if you were using something other than the built-in SMF text search.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

b3dm4n

nope, I have never touch sphinx, in fact I just heard of the name just now, and I'm googling to learn what it is  ;D

Even if there were cases like this with sphinx, I still want to know what is the solution
Is there any workarround to this problem?

b3dm4n

I got this search thing worked out, it turn out that the search index in the admin page has not been selected, after choosing the index option, the search function is run as it should be. thanks

Advertisement: