Pre-approve certain members posts?

Started by mannyRUA, January 24, 2011, 08:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannyRUA

I read this was a feature of SMF2. I *think* I found where to turn it on in Admin>Configuration>Core Features>Post Moderation

I don't see where to do the settings?

To be sure, we want certain members posts to be held until a mod can approve them. Can you guys point me in the right direction please?

Kays

Hi, have you enabled it?

Admin CP > Core Features > Post Moderation

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

mannyRUA

Quote from: Kays on January 24, 2011, 08:44:54 PM
Hi, have you enabled it?

Admin CP > Core Features > Post Moderation

Yes, I enabled it, but how do I use it please?

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

NanoSector

If you click on the link (which was text before you enabled it) on Core Features, you can get to the settings page.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

mannyRUA

Thanks for the pointers guys. It was a bit more involved to do it for individual members actually, but I got there in the end with your hints.

For the benefit of others who will find this topic: You make a new membergroup and assign the "moderated" permissions to that membergroup. If you decide someone is a pain and cannot be trusted to converse with normal people and/or not disrupt the site, you can put them in the new member group. This means any post they make goes into a moderation queue and doesn't appear in public until you or one of your mods approve it. 

Next to the boards name on the main page, will appear a red exclamation mark if there are outstanding posts awaiting approval. There is an attached image showing you that on our site.

Click the exclamation mark and you will be taken to a list of posts awaiting approval. Simply hit "Approve" or "Remove" according to if the content is acceptable.

Advertisement: