News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Info Center

Started by RoflGuy, January 25, 2011, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoflGuy

Hey,

Where can i Edit the Info Center or Disable it?

-Thanks

Illori

is there a specific part you want to disable?

cicka

Quote from: killerftw on January 25, 2011, 03:52:04 PM
Hey,

Where can i Edit the Info Center or Disable it?

-Thanks

You can edit it at the Board.Index.template.php file.

RoflGuy

well , i wanna disable it

Illori

well the file is boardindex.template.php and you can look for what to edit out starting with template_info_center(); remember to do a backup before editing just in case.

Road Rash Jr.

Not advisable, it will screw up your forum.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Illori

in what way? anything can be removed/changed it is a matter of how much code has to be removed/changed.

RoflGuy

:O , then... is their a good way? or atleast i can change where its placed i want it in the bottom.. because my chat box is at lower.. and its come top of it :X

Illori

then the issue is with another mod, which you should request support for in their support thread.

RoflGuy

Quote from: Illori on January 25, 2011, 04:36:00 PM
then the issue is with another mod, which you should request support for in their support thread.
well.. :(

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Illori on January 25, 2011, 04:34:17 PM
in what way? anything can be removed/changed it is a matter of how much code has to be removed/changed.

If you re-read his replies your first clue will be that this person can't even understand the Online Manual. By giving him/her vague suggestions to change the code of SMF will screw up his/her forum.
What part of his questions suggests to you he/she is a skilled enough coder to make your suggested changes let alone find the code without playing 20 questions??
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Illori

as i said to backup first, then i trust anyone to play with code it is the best way to learn, if they fail they have a backup to restore.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Illori on January 25, 2011, 04:46:20 PM
as i said to backup first, then i trust anyone to play with code it is the best way to learn, if they fail they have a backup to restore.

That's true of course ;D

Arantor

Quote from: Illori on January 25, 2011, 04:30:54 PM
well the file is boardindex.template.php and you can look for what to edit out starting with template_info_center(); remember to do a backup before editing just in case.

Actually this WOULD do the trick and not have any awkward consequences. There was even a mod for it I believe.

Raider of Treasure

this thread is NOT helpful, as OP asked for to disable it, show us how... step by step
also any other option to disable

My friend's forum has an issue with Info center,  this info center (posts) should be disabled from guests on board page (the main forum) but forum owmer want  to keep total members info. There isn't easy way to tweak on admin control pane (not server cp).  The guests are able to read all the posts though the forum info center which is bad idea and unnecessary. Only way to blocked Guests,  is to disable - Features and Options >>Basic Features >> unchecked box "Allow guests to browse the forum"
any suggestion?

thanks

Matthew K.

Well, I did write a mod to hide or show the info center by a permission...

Raider of Treasure

what version did you write to hide show  info center? where or what location is this feature found under?

Arantor

It was written for a 2.0 version. But really the key has been given - find the line of code given above and modify it.

If you don't want it to show it at all, simply remove it.

If you want to show it only to registered members put this in front of the template_info_center(); line:
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

Or use $context['user']['is_admin'] for admins instead of $context['user']['is_logged'].

Raider of Treasure

I have a slightly issue on Features and Options >>Basic Features >> unchecked box "Allow guests to browse the forum"  This feature has also blocked the frontpage which i would like it to allowed guest to browse....

Arantor

Then uncheck it so they can browse the forum. What, exactly, are you trying to prevent guests (and search engines) from doing?

Raider of Treasure

the posts guest were able to read.   for example, if we were to have freeroll game with the password,  I don't want guest to read password

Raider of Treasure

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
It was written for a 2.0 version. But really the key has been given - find the line of code given above and modify it.

If you don't want it to show it at all, simply remove it.

If you want to show it only to registered members put this in front of the template_info_center(); line:
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

Or use $context['user']['is_admin'] for admins instead of $context['user']['is_logged'].

I think will do but forum owner were afraid to try

Arantor

I don't quite understand what you mean... so you want guests to be able to see the forum but not some posts? You can hide individual boards from guests...

Advertisement: