Problem Installing Packages

Started by PeteShag, January 31, 2011, 01:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteShag

Hello SMF community first of all . Today I decided to use SMF. All good, installed easy. I installed two forums. One  version 1.1.12 and one 2.0 RC4. The v2.0 worked like a charm but the v 1.1.12, no, I could not install packages, getting the error

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/break745/public_html/exhilarant/Sources/Subs-Package.php //It's already set to 777(tried 755 as well)

the same error with every other mod as well. So I decided to upgrade the 1.1.12 to version 2.0 RC4. All good, converted the existing tables and SMF 2.0 RC4 was installed successfully. So I thought, I'd try to install a mod, but still getting the same error for each mod.

Yes, the packages folder has permissions set to 777, in the packages folder there is a temp and backup folder with 777 permissions as well. Then I thought to upload mods, via FTP in binary mode. The same thing, same error. The second forum, using 2.0RC4 works like a charm, on the same host, different sub-directory.

Any form of assistance is welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Pete

PeteShag

Bump, I need some help here.

(if bumping is not allowed, ban me or w/e)

Illori

it is recommended to wait 24 hours before bumping, please wait for someone to take time and reply and/or 24 hours before bumping.

PeteShag

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: PeteShag on January 31, 2011, 04:32:23 PM
Bump, I need some help here.

(if bumping is not allowed, ban me or w/e)

This bump probably put people off helping you.

Frankly if you are installing new forums you would be better off with the SMF 2.0 RC4 version instead of the SMF 1.1.12 version.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PeteShag

I've upgraded it to 2.0 RC4 already, I think you should re-read my original post.

-Pete

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: PeteShag on February 01, 2011, 05:51:55 PM
I've upgraded it to 2.0 RC4 already, I think you should re-read my original post.

-Pete

So what's your problem then? Besides your attitude???
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

larryhyman

The same thing happens to me all the time, when it does, just relog into your ftp and chmod everything to 777 again... then it will work, for some reason (in my case) after uploading a mod, sometimes the files goto read only..... don't know why... but my fix works for me...
In god we trust, all others pay cash !

http://hyman.sytes.net

PeteShag

Solved, switched from cPanel to Kloxo, now working. I think there was something wrong with the way cPanel configured my VPS.

Advertisement: