Local moderators

Started by Leppie, February 17, 2011, 09:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leppie

I recently installed RC5, but I noticed that whenever I assign someone to be a moderator for only a section or specific boards, the user is not automatically added to the "Local Mod" group.
Is there some setting somewhere that controls this?

Spoogs

Local Moderator is a special group.. it doesnt work the same way other groups work. When you assign someone to moderate a board they are a local moderator only on those boards.

Leppie

thanks for the reply Spoogs
I checked the members of the local moderators group and it was empty after I had assigned 3 people to specific boards.
I have to manually add them to the group, but that seems odd as I don't recall doing that in the past...

Spoogs

Is this a membergroup you created or are we talking about the default moderator group in SMF
(I cant recall ever seeing anyone added to that group after being assigned to a board)

Leppie

it's the default local mod group in SMF
i've got some boards that are hidden to normal users, but want to show to the moderators. i thought that this was what the local mod group was actually intended for...

Spoogs

You'll have to make a group and put them all in there and give that group access to the board...
or you'll have to just make them moderators on that board as well (you can always make a new permission profile for this board and limit what the moderators can actually do on the board)

Leppie

seems like it kind of defeats having this implicit local mod group...
anyway, thanks for your help

Bigguy

I am going to mark this as solved.

Advertisement: