Issues with my web host - site down!

Started by hillrunr, February 19, 2011, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillrunr

First, I know this isn't a problem caused by SMF. I've been having all kinds of issues with my web host and I'm quite sure they yet again screwed something up.

That said, my current problem seems to be somehow related to SMF. On every page that has a hook into SMF, I'm getting the message "We are currently undergoing some forum maintenance. This will be completed in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience." All pages not hooked into SMF are working, including ones that do other database work.

I've tried repair_settings.php but that just brings up an empty screen. I'm also in the process of looking through the files and database to figure out if there is something else I can find to get things back up and running. I'm hoping someone here can set me on the right path so I don't spend hours chasing my tail on this.

Any idea of where I should look to solve this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Arantor

Look at Settings.php, there's a $maintenance variable, which is currently set to 2. Change that to 1 to put it in to 'maintenance mode' which you can reset in the admin panel.

What were you doing before that happened? It should only happen in the event of trying to upgrade the forum.

hillrunr

Thanks. I stumbled into Settings.php just as I saw you posted this but it's good to see that this is the change I need to make before I roll the dice on it.

I was doing nothing before this happened. It began overnight when I was sleeping. I have to get off my current web host asap. They have been screwing up numerous things on my site recently but this takes the cake.

Advertisement: